Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Anyone going? Lk Reidsville NC AOMCI event 7-23-16

Anyone going? Lk Reidsville NC AOMCI event 7-23-16 8 years 2 months ago #124206

Is anyone on here planning to attend the Lake Reidsville AOMCI meet on July 23? Would my 1973 original (clean unrestored) boat be out of place? Would be fun to meet some of you in the Southeast. We could have our own representative group there.....

Here is info from another thread:

Reidsville Lake is about 30 or 40 miles north of Greensboro.

July 23: AOMCI Carolinas’ traditional wet meet at Lake Reidsville in Reidsville, NC. Bring lunch and drinks,
or buy snacks and drinks at the park store on site. Starts at 9:00 AM. There will be a $5 event fee to cover the
cost of the shelter, and it costs a couple of bucks to get into the city park. This is an ideal spot for a wet
meet, with plenty of safe dockage and a small sandy beach. Bring motors and boats to run and/or display.
Contact Scott Bogue at 336-375-4247 for info.

You guys can also call me 919-632-2653 for any confirmations. That is my cell phone so you can use it the day of the meet if you have trouble finding the place. You can also text me. I can send you my email address through text if that helps.

Thanks,

Denny Cole
Clayton NC

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Anyone going? Lake Reidsville AOMCI event 7-23-16 8 years 2 months ago #124212

Denny:

Thanks for your post Sir!

We are planning on attending your event with our Glasspar Group.
Can you tell me exactly where you guys are meeting at Lake
Reidsville? I have the address, but like Falls Lake it appears
there are quite a few areas where groups could meet.

Thanks Denny!

Re:Anyone going? Lake Reidsville AOMCI event 7-23-16 8 years 2 months ago #124245

Looks like I and my wife will be attending. This sounds like a fun day. Hope the weather is nice and not too hot.

Re:Anyone going? Lake Reidsville AOMCI event 7-23-16 8 years 2 months ago #124273

It would be nice to know your names (and wives names) .. 73Crestliner and 1960RedG-3 .. and any others who would like to attend.

Please send me an email to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or text/phone (your choice) 919-632-2653.

Thanks !

Denny Cole
Clayton NC

Re:Anyone going? Lake Reidsville AOMCI event 7-23-16 8 years 2 months ago #124433

I was in Greensboro last week on business, so I drove the 25 minutes up to Reidsville to check out the lake, park, and area. Cute little lake with great dockage. Nice campground and such. We are booked into the Holiday Inn Express in Reidsville, so will be there for the event, for sure!

The area has history - was once a strong tobacco town (this is where the Lucky Strike plant was - now another tobacco company). The grand old mansions (many in disrepair) show a majestic past.... We will check out the area while we are there.

Hope others on this forum can make the trip.

Re:Anyone going? Lk Reidsville NC AOMCI event 7-23-16 8 years 2 months ago #124474

C'mon guys. There has to be more folks in the VA, NC, SC area to come to this meet. There will be a bunch of really neat old motors, etc. I am going and hope more of us show up.

Re:Anyone going? Lk Reidsville NC AOMCI event 7-23-16 8 years 2 months ago #124490

Denny,
Sorry buddy but I'm not going to be able to make it, so sorry.

Bob

Re:Anyone going? Lk Reidsville NC AOMCI event 7-23-16 8 years 2 months ago #124497

Sad to hear your not coming Bob. Would have been nice to meet you.

Hope everything is OK.

Re:Anyone going? Lk Reidsville NC AOMCI event 7-23-16 8 years 2 months ago #124511

I hope a few more of you consider coming out to this meet. This is the one to attend in the Carolinas. Among the nearly 30 people joining this meet, there will be at least 15 antique and classic boats, with over 40 outboard motors. There is a requested donation $5 for the meet expenses and some of our members are providing lunch (included in the donation). Just bring your own drinks. And of course your antique or classic boats and motors. Or just come out to see the displays.

Thanks !

Denny Cole
AOMCI Carolinas Chapter President
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Thanks !

Denny Cole
Clayton NC

Re:Anyone going? Lk Reidsville NC AOMCI event 7-23-16 8 years 2 months ago #124527

Sorry Rick, some crap came up but nothing serious. We'll meet yet! lol

Bob

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online