Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: New guy with a 74 Orrion

New guy with a 74 Orrion 8 years 2 months ago #124200

Hi there, My name is Bryce and I live in Cedar City Utah, just picked up an older orrion

It is an I/O with a V8 and volvo outdrive I believe, I need some parts to the shift assembly that I can't seem to find, any help here would be awesome as well.

I have gotten the motor running pretty well, still haven' t had it in the water so I look forward to that. Other then that its getting all of the seats recovered, already put new carpet in it, slowly but surely, hoping to get some answers here as there isn't anyone in town who works on boats and I've never felt with the outdrive thing before.

What is the best way for me to get this thing looking decent, i have a buffer, any polish you guys recommend?

Tearing into it

Old carpet

Interior

New carpet

Shift assembly, i have the rocker arm and another pin piece, think i have it hooked up right need to take another pic, Need a cable, and to know how to run it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:New guy with a 74 Orrion 8 years 2 months ago #124248

Hopefully my introduction didn't scare anyone away.

The boat has a Volvo 270 outdrive and Waukesha motor

Took it out on the lake for the first time today, ran great for a few laps, then smoke and motor died. Pretty sure that it isn't getting water, just noticed a small piece of rubber in the vents on the outdrive. I sent think that my impeller would be going that way,

Brand new impeller that I'm sure that is smoked now.

Plus the outdrive has two hoses coming out of the inside, top hose is raw water intake and the bottom hose is what? It's attached to nothing and when i put the boat in the water, water started rushing in, lift it up above the motor and water stopped coming in. What is this?

Re:New guy with a 74 Orrion 8 years 2 months ago #124288

Well first let me say welcome aboard and nice boat. I'm not familiar with the outdrives so can't help much there. May want to make a separate post in the outdrive section.

As for the polishing it depends on how bad the hull is. If it's oxidized real bad you may need to wetsand firs then then poish. Is it oxidized? If you wipe your hand on it does the gel coat come off on your hand like powder? IF so I would wet sand with 1500 or 2000 grit wet/dry sandpaper then polish.

If it doesn't then just try some polishing compound, like Turtle wax polishing compound. Finesse it is supposed to work real well also.

Bob

Re:New guy with a 74 Orrion 8 years 2 months ago #124460

thanks for the reply, went on another boat forum before this one and the main forum was so busy my post fell to the second page almost immediately.

I started polishing today, seems to just be sucking it up, need to get some fiberglass specific polish, only using metal right now.

Tore into the outdrive today, have a bad impeller after my test trip so new one ordered and will see if it fixed my issue when the new impeller comes in.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.158 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online