Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 65 Glastron Jetflite V143 Yamaha 130HP Jack Plate

65 Glastron Jetflite V143 Yamaha 130HP Jack Plate 8 years 3 months ago #124133

Hello - I have been a long time lurker off and on throughout the years.

The video below is of my 1965 Glastron JetFlite V143 with a 1988 Yamaha 130HP 2-stroke with a 21P stainless steel turbo 3-blade chopper prop and a manual jackplate with 6" of setback and 5" of lift.

I have owned the boat for 20+ years...I bought it in 1996 as a roached out and forgotten lake playboat with a rotting transom and rear floor, peeling paint and a stinker of a Chrysler 55hp ouboard.

The video below was filmed over July 4th weekend 2016. The boat has received since I owned it two new floors (1996 and 2015), new transom (2007), new stringers (2015), two different outboard upgrades (55hp Chrysler, 1996 Mariner 60HP and now a 1988 Yam 130HP 2-stroke).

I repainted this boat for the first time in 1996 using an Air Force white plane paint and my amateurish spray gun skills. It was not perfect but it lasted pretty well for 15+ years....this year after Labor Day weekend, this boat will be pulled from water, motor unbolted and the hull will be sanded + filler and then "roller" primed and painted with new white and non-slip blue gray for the interior portions.

The boat also had a BayStar hydraulic steering unit installed spring 2016 and is running new 12 gal fuel cell, fuel line and NGK plugs.

Today (7/11/16), I pulled the boat from the water to have the carbs cleaned, Boyensen reeds installed and OEM Yamaha white faced gauges installed with a new Faria speedo pitot kit.

If you are interested in seeing the boat run during it first splash in the water over July 4th check out my video below filmed with a GoPro Hero4 Black set to 2.7K/60fps.

Thanks to all of you for the info and data you share here!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: 65 Glastron Jetflite V143 Yamaha 130HP Jack Plate 8 years 3 months ago #124137

VERY nice. And great soundtrack to boot !!

Damn the torpedoes, full steam ahead !

Re:65 Glastron Jetflite V143 Yamaha 130HP Jack Plate 8 years 3 months ago #124150

Nice ride!!, Love the new mixed with the old. Nice tune to compliment the video...Little dude loved it too,he was having a good time. Rob

Re: 65 Glastron Jetflite V143 Yamaha 130HP Jack Plate 8 years 3 months ago #124151

Firstglassproject wrote:

VERY nice. And great soundtrack to boot !!

Thanks!!!

Re:65 Glastron Jetflite V143 Yamaha 130HP Jack Plate 8 years 3 months ago #124152

outboard-rob wrote:

Nice ride!!, Love the new mixed with the old. Nice tune to compliment the video...Little dude loved it too,he was having a good time. Rob

Thank you! Yes my son is getting intro'd to speed on the water at a young age. Have not quite figured out where this boat will top out but it is a lot of fun trying to push it out on the lake.

Re:65 Glastron Jetflite V143 Yamaha 130HP Jack Plate 8 years 3 months ago #124154

Can't open the video!!!

Jim Savage

Re:65 Glastron Jetflite V143 Yamaha 130HP Jack Plate 8 years 3 months ago #124158

the savage ii wrote:

Can't open the video!!!

Try this link....

www.youtube.com /watch?v=Zgk3west3GM

delete spaces after youtube.com /watch.... above

Glastron V143 Yam 130HP

Re:65 Glastron Jetflite V143 Yamaha 130HP Jack Plate 8 years 3 months ago #124162

Very cool video, and all the related history!
I have a very similar Glastron in the yard for repairs right now.
I'm an old grandpa that grew up on the lake, and at the request of my mother - I always wear a life jacket.
Mom passed away about (10) years ago, but I still wear my life jacket.
Whether we are cruising in the Mastercraft, or flying in the Hydrostream,...I wear my life jacket.
Even with the best maintenance, mechanical things fail, and the water feels like concrete, and can spank you pretty hard,...So,...
doc Frankenmerc

Re:65 Glastron Jetflite V143 Yamaha 130HP Jack Plate 8 years 2 months ago #124192

You make a good point. I have a Mustang 100mph vest....no good reason for not wearing it in the video....

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.181 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online