Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Painting interior fiberglass with rattle can paint

Painting interior fiberglass with rattle can paint 8 years 3 months ago #123992

Once cleaned up I am going to repaint the interior of my boat (fiberglass) - the surface is solid but worn and rough. For the bigger flatter areas I was planning on brushing, but for the less accessible spots was thinking of using rustoleum rattle can paint and then back rolling brushing. Do you think this would be ok? A lot of the locations would eventually be enclosed with wood at the front.
Lee

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Painting interior fiberglass with rattle can paint 8 years 3 months ago #123994

Why not go for "gravel guard", it's rubberized and leaves a decently smooth surface that's waterproof. It'll even fill pinholes and small cracks.

Damn the torpedoes, full steam ahead !

Re:Painting interior fiberglass with rattle can paint 8 years 3 months ago #124004

• JerryF
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Sure. Personally I prefer Krylon "Dual", paint and primer in one can for a durable coat on rough surfaces. For smooth surfaces, I like Krylon "Fusion", specially made to bond with plastics. Both paints are quick drying (15 minutes). ;)

Re:Painting interior fiberglass with rattle can paint 8 years 3 months ago #124005

Ill have to remember that if the Wife ever makes up her mind what color she wants the deck and dash of the Humber. The G-3 is MY choice. lol.

Re: Painting interior fiberglass with rattle can paint 8 years 3 months ago #124006

Hmm....I am now thinking that they have a white rubber based spray similar to that for leaky gutters etc - used it on my flat roof and it sealed it really well and also adhered to a very poor surface with great results.

Re: Painting interior fiberglass with rattle can paint 8 years 3 months ago #124011

Same idea, different flavor. If you're going to paint it, why not seal it ?? I think that stuff you are talking about comes in clear and black as well. Flex Seal, is that right ?

Re: Painting interior fiberglass with rattle can paint 8 years 3 months ago #124026

Yes

Re: Painting interior fiberglass with rattle can paint 8 years 3 months ago #124038

I saw the commercial where they did the bottom of that skiff. My only question is how many cans did that take at 20 bucks a can ? lol.

Re: Painting interior fiberglass with rattle can paint 8 years 3 months ago #124057

I rebuilt a 17ft aluminum fishing boat that I also used flex seal on the whole bottom before foaming and installing a wood floor and it worked great and looked good until covered.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.182 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online