Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1959 Dorsett Catalina - interior pictures please

1959 Dorsett Catalina - interior pictures please 8 years 3 months ago #123842

Hi,

My buddy who is an expert woodworker came by today to take measurements of the bulkhead and other interior parts - a lot of the wood has literally crumbled away. The interior cabin part has enough old wood left for us to copy however there is one area we are struggling with - it is the two rear sides - there appears to be what is left of a shelf which runs along just above the deck on each side - was this enclosed? Was it just a storage area? Any interior pictures of the inside areas would really be helpful -

Also, if i can post it there is a section of plywood which we cannot work out where it originally went on the boat - or even if it was for this boat.....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: 1959 Dorsett Catalina - interior pictures please 8 years 3 months ago #123844

Sorry, having problems trying to post pictures, keeps telling me that they are too large....not sure what to do.

Re: 1959 Dorsett Catalina - interior pictures please 8 years 3 months ago #123845

OK think i got it

Re:1959 Dorsett Catalina - interior pictures please 8 years 3 months ago #123887

• asign
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
I was also looking for any type of interior pictures for our 1962 Larson All American Day Cruiser. After looking at various brochures, boats for sale pictures and magazine ads, we were able to get an idea of what it would have looked like. The original had white vinyl covered plywood all over. The person who had it before us glued mouse gray carpet all over on top of the vinyl. A fun pull off! Keep looking on line, you may run across some or see if any members will share theirs. A shelf would come in handy for stowing paddles and other items off the floor. Your guess is as good as mine on the weird plywood shape. Good luck!

First, do no harm!
It's a lot easier to buy a boat than sell a boat.(Stole this from a member!)
All that work and hardware store mailbox letters for the hull? Tsk tsk..

Re:1959 Dorsett Catalina - interior pictures please 8 years 3 months ago #123990

Thank you - I have been searching on line for interior pics of the catalina - cant seem to find one which shows for sure how those back areas were set up - plenty of shots of the outsides and inside fronts but not that area

Re:1959 Dorsett Catalina - interior pictures please 8 years 2 months ago #124447

Not sure if this will help, but I just picked up this 1961 Dorsett Catalina in ruff shape.

Re:1959 Dorsett Catalina - interior pictures please 8 years 2 months ago #124452

Check out the rebuild thread I've put up for my 1959 Dorsett Catalina:

www.fiberglassics.com/fiberglassics-forums/home/member-projects/1959-dorsett-catalina-oregon

Lots of photos there, hope some of them help. I'm presently 800 miles from the boat so I won't be able to take any more photos for you until late September.

FWIW, it might be helpful for you and others if you start a rebuild thread in the "Member Projects" section instead of multiple short threads on specific topics in the Main Forum.

Hope that helps!

Re:1959 Dorsett Catalina - interior pictures please 8 years 2 months ago #124510

Thanks for these pictures - what is interesting to me is the support bracket for the transom on each side - I was thinking of installing a similar thing on mine after i repaired the rotted transom wood - however, was going to use a chrome tube system which would look a lot cleaner.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.182 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online