• Page:

TOPIC: It's all about the HUNT!

It's all about the HUNT! 8 years 3 months ago #123791

• asign
  • asign's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Getting to what we hope is the final push for our 1962 Larson All American day cruiser, it's been a couple of years where we'd work on it, then get busy with life and work, you know how it is! I think some of the most enjoyable times have been the hunt and search for components that were missing. The whole insides were gone when we bought it, so we've had to find most of the missing pieces to put it back together and it's been a lot of fun. Some of the things were nearby Craigslist finds, and did a couple of fun daytrips to go pick things up. We've met many nice people who shared their project boat work with us, and had some good laughs over common mishaps. Also Ebay finds, where I've also sold some of the extra things that came along with the one thing I really needed, but got a whole box of stuff with it. It's been a journey for sure! Our Fiber Glassic's people are super helpful and I've gotten great tips from the forums and past articles. My two favorite finds so far, my like new, still with the sticker on bow light with grab bar and my globe for my stern anchor light that the little boat repair place in town found in a dusty box in the back room that fit perfect. It's all about the HUNT!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

First, do no harm!
It's a lot easier to buy a boat than sell a boat.(Stole this from a member!)
All that work and hardware store mailbox letters for the hull? Tsk tsk..

Re:It's all about the HUNT! 8 years 3 months ago #123792

That is part of the charm of restoring those old boats and motors!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Remember - There's always room for one more project!! (not really, my garage is full!!)

1963 Lone Star Triton w/ 1979 55 hp Johnson (soon 1963 Merc 850!!!)
1968 Lone Star Mustang w/1974 70 hp Evinrude
1974 Marlin with 1971 Merc 1350
1980 Glastron GT-150 w/1977 115 hp Johnson ( soon 1977 Merc...
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.153 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online