Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Can you ID this motor ?

Can you ID this motor ? 8 years 3 months ago #123680

This is what came with my 1960 Humber. It's been repainted and the inside is so clean you can eat off it but there is no HP marking anywhere that I can find. I did find an ID plate that identifies the model as 35022 and a serial number 51627. From the size I thought somewhere between 25 and 40 horse so if it's a 35 I'll be happy. It hasn't run for 4 years so I'm babying the process and checking and lubing everything before I light the fires. Is there a forum for old Rudes ?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Damn the torpedoes, full steam ahead !

Re:Can you ID this motor ? 8 years 3 months ago #123681

Re:Can you ID this motor ? 8 years 3 months ago #123682

AWESOME. I never cease to be amazed at how quickly answers come when I ask you guys a question. That's the best I could hope for. I'm especially happy with the year as it fits on my 1960 G-3 as well until I can get a 100HP for that one alone. Thank you very much for the site address. I don't want to ruin it before I really get to run it.

Re:Can you ID this motor ? 8 years 3 months ago #123687

• Robby321
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 10
Rude forum is "JEGO's and yep, 40HP.

Re:Can you ID this motor ? 8 years 3 months ago #123688

Found it ! Thanks Robby. I have a 1960 G-3 sitting beside the house that was to be my "firstglassproject" but this Humber is a lot closer to floating and the Wife wants to play this year so the G-3 is waiting for spring. I can't afford two resto's at once. LOL. What's your motor and what's the top end if you don't mind me asking ? I'm looking for better than 60 knots (minimum) and need to know how many HP that's going to take.

Re:Can you ID this motor ? 8 years 3 months ago #123719

My 1960 G-3 hit 56 mph GPS and had more but was too squirrely with my 1969 Merc 1000.
Attachments:

Jim Savage

Re:Can you ID this motor ? 8 years 3 months ago #123720

I like squirrely :):) I just got an e-mail from marineengine.com and their response was to try using another model numbers parts and hope for the best. They didn't have it for the OTHER model either ! No help there but my Brother-in-law has 4 boats and some connections so he's going to try and find me one. He agreed with everything you fellows have said right up to and including the impeller so I know you know your stuff. He's a master mechanic and has been building boats since we were kids. Too bad he's a hundred miles away. lol.

Re:Can you ID this motor ? 8 years 3 months ago #123738

Sometimes you just get lucky. I decided to replace the insulation in the cowling and under the old stuff was a sticker for Proctor Marine where the boat was purchased new in 1961. The owner's Father sold it and the best part is they still stock parts for the motor ! They are only 45 minutes away and they have an impeller and a carb kit on hold for me. Thanks everybody for all your help.

Re:Can you ID this motor ? 8 years 3 months ago #123973

I see in your profile that you're in Paris Ontario. There is a great group of AOMCI members in the Hamilton area 1 of whom has hundreds of parts for old OMC's and is willing to wrench on them for a reasonable cost. If a Merc Tower is what you need for the G3 you need to meet George! You can message me at al(dash)lockhart(at)hotmail.com for more info

Re:Can you ID this motor ? 8 years 3 months ago #123983

Thanks for the tip Al, I'll drop you a note this weekend. Proctor Marine in Simcoe has all the stuff for the Rude but I REALLY want a white and chrome Merc for the G-3. It's probably the prettiest motor I've ever seen. Talk to you later :)

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle