Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Humber Boat Company.

Humber Boat Company. 8 years 3 months ago #123643

Hello everyone. After many months of recovery I'm feeling normal and I'm back in the game. Last year I showed up here as the new owner of a terribly abused and unidentified boat. It took your members less than a day to fill me in on the make of the boat. Turned out to be a 1960 Glaspar G-3 Center Console Ski-boat and I'm thrilled to be rebuilding her. To that end, I just bought another old "glassic" and I'm looking for a little history. It's a 1960 Humber. No, it's not a "Jewel". That's the only one I could find and that was from a 1970 article. I was going to use the "Rude" and it's controls in the Glaspar but she's in really good shape and the motor just needs a little tweaking. I may get her wet this year and keep shopping for another motor and control system if the Humber is collectable. Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks. Mark (what doesn't kill me makes me stronger) Sentineal. You already have a MarkS. :)
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Damn the torpedoes, full steam ahead !

Re:Humber Boat Company 8 years 3 months ago #123644

I have to unwrap the Glaspar and then I'll get a picture of her up too. I just learned how to reset my camera and I'm amazed it worked :)

Re:Humber Boat Company. 8 years 3 months ago #123647

That Humber isn't that bad looking. It's has some nice hardware on the bow and a bimini top with full curtains. Steering wheel appears interesting too. (possible horn ring) Clean her up and she should look pretty sweet.

1970 Glastron V-142 SkiFlite
1965 Merc 500
1968 Merc 500

Re:Humber Boat Company. 8 years 3 months ago #123649

The owner was the deceased husband of a friend of ours and she stored it 4 years ago when he died. The top is about 12 years old and in good shape as is the rear panel but the sides are cracked from UV. The bottom was reglassed and gelcoated 6 years ago and it has seats from a 72 Seville in it ! The motor hasn't run since his death but it is spotless and shouldn't be hard to get running again. I have no idea what HP it is as there are no marking other than Evinrude that I can find. No plate on the block either but it was bought with the boat new in 1960. It's either a 25 or 40 horse twin. There is a decent stereo with a tapedeck in it already as well as cup holders and cigarette lighters for BOTH rear passengers ! They just don't build em like that anymore. LOL. I have to replace the hitch neck and extend it a foot and repaint the floor. Other than that a good buffing should cure a lot of evils and the Wife is thinking of seafoam blue for the deck. Would you believe 500 for the whole package ?

Re:Humber Boat Company. 8 years 3 months ago #123685

Thanks to Damartinca I now know the motor is a 61 Rude 40 HP Twin and he even steered me to a couple manuals and a parts source ! She'll be sucking Lake Erie water in no time.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.163 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle