Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: New Member, and My New Boat.

New Member, and My New Boat. 8 years 3 months ago #123635

Hi, I'm New Here, I Just Bought a New Boat...( Well To Me ) It's a Boat That is Here on The Classified's ( $ 850. Boat ) Correct Craft. It's All There But Needs A Lot of Work. I'm Not Shure Where to Start, As I Know Little to Nothing About The Boat. It's a 1965 Correct Craft Mustang, 289 V-8. Has Some Fire Damage To It, Bu I Guess My Biggest Question's Would Be About Manual's and Info on The Engine. I Know It's Not The Original Engine. And When They Tried to Start it For The First Time is When it Caught Fire......So That's All I Know About This Boat But I'm Gonna Fix It Up......Any Advice ?......Thanks. There's An Image of This Boat in The Classifieds Here.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:New Member, and My New Boat. 8 years 3 months ago #123637

• Nautilus
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 58
Generally, a fire is caused by bad timing and too much fuel (bad or very flooded carb) or a fuel leak. Best plan would be to pull the engine and work on it from a home-built engine stand. Get her humming and roaring just like she should and set aside. Meanwhile, you should start at the beginning and get the boat to the point where you're ready to replace the engine. Here's a link to the Restoration Photo Log of a Correct Craft Barracuda I restored. The procedure is the same as you should use for your Mustang.

www.nautilusrestorations.com/1969CorrectCraftBarracuda.html

Mentor to the unenlightened!

"Never allow logic to interfere with a boat purchase." - J. S. Hadley
"Vintage quality beats new junk every time." - J. S. Hadley
"Anything supposed to do two things does both of them half-assed." - J. S. Hadley
"Success makes...

Re:New Member, and My New Boat. 8 years 3 months ago #123662

Thank You Natulis, For The Info. And Pic's of The Barracuda Restore. I'm Still Full of Questions, But The Best Thing to Do Is Get Going on it, Again Thanks.

Re:New Member, and My New Boat. 8 years 3 months ago #123672

Dave, welcome aboard, glad to have you here. Post some pics, even if they are ugly right now. As far as questions ask away that's what we're here for.

Bob

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.154 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online