• Page:

TOPIC: Source for Nautique boat parts?

Source for Nautique boat parts? 8 years 3 months ago #123574

• Mr. Asa
  • Mr. Asa's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Not quite a classic, but I figured someone here might know an answer for this.

Helping a good friend work on his ski boat. For some reason, the steering systems in the Nautiques of the late 80s used a 10.5" throw instead of the industry standard of 8.5" The previous owner didn't care about that and threw on a regular cable, so it's got a wonky steering angle on it.
To replace the helm and the cable he's looking at roughly $600 in parts with the cable being half of that as it is a dealer-only part.
www.nautiqueparts.com/steeringcableallnautiquesfrom1982to1990.aspx

He's been scouring eBay for a cable as well as every other outlet he can think of. I figured I would ask here and see if anyone had any insight on a fix for this, or another source for the cable.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Source for Nautique boat parts? 8 years 3 months ago #123576

As you can see, they used a 17.5" cable. That is only available from the factory as it is a special production run.Cables typically come in one foot increments. Regarding the length of the tiller arm, I doubt it has been changed. Arm length would increase or decrease steering "sensitivity".

I suspect someone put a 17' cable (readily available) on and had to do some tweaking of the stationary anchor point which is causing your issues. The cable must be 90 degrees to the tiller arm with the rudder pointing straight.

Re:Source for Nautique boat parts? 8 years 3 months ago #123591

Wealth o' Correct Craft info here. www.correctcraftfan.com/
Larry

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.214 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online