Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1966 Duo X-15 windshield rubber seals

1966 Duo X-15 windshield rubber seals 8 years 3 months ago #123222

I picked a little project a few weeks ago, a 66 Duo X-15. It has all the original hardware and windshield but of course it's not in real good shape. The chrome all needs to be re-chromed if anyone knows a good place to send them? The white rubber windshield seal between the deck and aluminum windshield frame is cracked and really needs to be replaced. The seal has to fit into the track of the lower aluminum windshield frame. Anyone know where I can find some of this material? I found the rub rail insert at Wefco, profile #0012 G-6. I restored a 58 Mercury Mark 58 over the winter and needed a boat to put it on. That's how this all started. Hopefully I will have it completely restored by next spring so I can go have some fun in it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: 1966 Duo X-15 windshield rubber seals 8 years 3 months ago #123243

My first boat was a '66 x-17! Still have the windshield and frame off of it. I'll check to see if the rubber seal is still on, but it probably would be in same shape as yours. I'd try wefco again, or do a search, there are a cope of others also.

Re: 1966 Duo X-15 windshield rubber seals 8 years 3 months ago #123246

I'm sure your X-17 was a great first boat. My first boat was a 1958 Chris-Craft Cavalier with the KFL dual updraft carbs. I had that boat for 16 years and had so much fun in it. If you are interested in selling your windshield I may be interested for a spare. I am also missing the 2 end pieces for the rub rail where it meets the aluminum angle on the top of transom. Thanks for the tip. I called Wefco today to get pricing on the rub rail which was $2.50 a foot, 25 ft. Minimum and I asked about the windshield seal. They suggested I send a picture so I did that and hopefully they can help.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.164 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online