• Page:

TOPIC: More banshee progress

More banshee progress 14 years 2 months ago #12264

• tyeechaser
  • tyeechaser's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
One side and the transom completely fair!! Took the better part of two weeks. Followed the instructions in the how to paint a boat posting and worked great. No shortcuts to a good job. Laid down a layer of kitty hair ( thanks Brian ) sanded fair, another layer of marine poly, sanded fair, then final touch up with marine poly finish filler. Then sand everything with 150. Then primer coat and final sanding with 320. The result is amazing. Took a lot of work to get the bottom fair. Very important to get that bottom absolutely flat! Will be ready for final topcoating (interlux blue/glo white) toward the end of next week. I'm liking the results even with all the sanding! Couldn't have done it without the instructions from this site. I'm very grateful. Mike in Oregon
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:More banshee progress 14 years 2 months ago #12265

WOW that is looking sensational Mike, what a great Hull! and now you only have half way to go! on the downhill side now! we will be seeing this hull in paint in no time!
Matt

Restoration project - 1959 Bellboy Banshee with 1960 Evinrude Starflite 75hp

Re:More banshee progress 14 years 2 months ago #12267

• tyeechaser
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Thanks Matt. Your's will be the envy of all the Aussies when you get her done! The deck will be Butternut Yellow like the 66 Chevelles. Should be pretty striking. Mike
Attachments:

Re:More banshee progress 14 years 2 months ago #12269

• Andgott
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Looks GREAT- lots of work, but i'm sure the result will be well worth it.

-Andrew

Re:More banshee progress 14 years 2 months ago #12290

aaaaaaahhhhhhh Chevelle very neat! I have a couple of early GM Holden cars to tow my Banshee! and this is the final deck colour for mine too!

Matt

Restoration project - 1959 Bellboy Banshee with 1960 Evinrude Starflite 75hp

Re:More banshee progress 14 years 2 months ago #12298

Mike - I bet you can custom mix your Cevelle Butternut Yellow from Brightsides. I used 2 parts white to 1 part yellow to get butter yellow from school bus (or safety yellow). I used yellow full strength on the Missile for impact, but was able to match the original gelcoat on the Power Cat nicely by toning it down. I wish I knew how to use a color wheel. If I did then I could mix any color in the rainbow from the Brightsides primary colors. Something to work on. My next one, a 1955 Century Resorter inboard will be either black of dark blue. My wife and I are still in 'discussions' about that.

Looking great Mike.

Brian

Re:More banshee progress 14 years 2 months ago #12356

• tyeechaser
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Thanks Brian. I followed your progress on the Power Cat and have ordered the brightsides to try the mix you got. Sure looks close to my eye. I love your pc. Mike

Re:More banshee progress 14 years 2 months ago #12359

Mike - Go to Lowe's and buy a 1 gallon paint can. They're only a couple bucks. Add the two qts of white to the gallon can. Then measure a cup of yellow. Add it and mix it well. If it's not dark enough add another measured amount, etc. until you get get what you like. I think you'll want less than a 2:1 ratio of W:Y for that light yellow on the Chevelle. You'll end up with more paint than you need, but it will be available for touch ups.

Brian

Re:More banshee progress 14 years 2 months ago #12367

crosbyboat wrote:

Mike - I bet you can custom mix your Cevelle Butternut Yellow from Brightsides. I used 2 parts white to 1 part yellow to get butter yellow from school bus (or safety yellow). I used yellow full strength on the Missile for impact, but was able to match the original gelcoat on the Power Cat nicely by toning it down. I wish I knew how to use a color wheel. If I did then I could mix any color in the rainbow from the Brightsides primary colors. Something to work on. My next one, a 1955 Century Resorter inboard will be either black of dark blue. My wife and I are still in 'discussions' about that.

Looking great Mike.

Brian

here you go brian i hope this helps,well thecolor wheels didnt show up go to this site you can see it there.
www.color-wheel-pro.com/color-theory-basics.html

Color Theory Basics
What is color theory?
Color Theory is a set of principles used to create harmonious color combinations. Color relationships can be visually represented with a color wheel — the color spectrum wrapped onto a circle.

The color wheel is a visual representation of color theory:

According to color theory, harmonious color combinations use any two colors opposite each other on the color wheel, any three colors equally spaced around the color wheel forming a triangle, or any four colors forming a rectangle (actually, two pairs of colors opposite each other). The harmonious color combinations are called color schemes – sometimes the term 'color harmonies' is also used. Color schemes remain harmonious regardless of the rotation angle.

Classic color schemes supported by Color Wheel Pro:
Monochromatic Color Scheme
The monochromatic color scheme uses variations in lightness and saturation of a single color. This scheme looks clean and elegant. Monochromatic colors go well together, producing a soothing effect. The monochromatic scheme is very easy on the eyes, especially with blue or green hues.

Analogous Color Scheme
The analogous color scheme uses colors that are adjacent to each other on the color wheel. One color is used as a dominant color while others are used to enrich the scheme. The analogous scheme is similar to the monochromatic, but offers more nuances.

Complementary Color Scheme
The complementary color scheme consists of two colors that are opposite each other on the color wheel. This scheme looks best when you place a warm color against a cool color, for example, red versus green-blue. This scheme is intrinsically high-contrast.

Split Complementary Color Scheme
The split complementary scheme is a variation of the standard complementary scheme. It uses a color and the two colors adjacent to its complementary. This provides high contrast without the strong tension of the complementary scheme.

Triadic Color Scheme
The triadic color scheme uses three colors equally spaced around the color wheel. This scheme is popular among artists because it offers strong visual contrast while retaining harmony and color richness. The triadic scheme is not as contrasting as the complementary scheme, but it looks more balanced and harmonious.

Tetradic (Double Complementary) Color Scheme
The tetradic (double complementary) scheme is the most varied because it uses two complementary color pairs. This scheme is hard to harmonize; if all four hues are used in equal amounts, the scheme may look unbalanced, so you should choose a color to be dominant or subdue the colors.

Color theory does not analyze tints, shades, and tones
Color theory analyzes only the relationships of pure colors; it does not take color lightness and saturation into account. While your color scheme can use any tints, shades, and tones, color theory pays attention only to the hue component.

Color theory considers both these schemes equal:

History of color theory
The first color wheel was invented by Sir Isaac Newton. He split white sunlight into red, orange, yellow, green, cyan, and blue beams; then he joined the two ends of the color spectrum together to show the natural progression of colors. Newton associated each color with a note of a musical scale.

A century after Newton, Johann Wolfgang Goethe began studying psychological effect of colors. He noticed that blue gives a feeling of coolness and yellow has a warming effect. Goethe created a color wheel showing the psychological effect of each color. He divided all the colors into two groups – the plus side (from red through orange to yellow) and the minus side (from green through violet to blue). Colors of the plus side produce excitement and cheerfulness. Colors of the minus side are associated with weakness and unsettled feelings.

The current form of color theory was developed by Johannes Itten, a Swiss color and art theorist who was teaching at the School of Applied Arts in Weimar, Germany. This school is also known as 'Bauhaus'. Johannes Itten developed 'color chords' and modified the color wheel. Itten's color wheel is based on red, yellow, and blue colors as the primary triad and includes twelve hues.

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:More banshee progress 14 years 2 months ago #12373

LOVE that wagon!! I would pick up something like that if I was in the market.

Now, I know I'm getting older and my eyes aren't quite what they used to be. I'm positive that car IS a light yellow but I'm thinking it's a Camaro?? :)

Re:More banshee progress 14 years 2 months ago #12378

• tyeechaser
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Brian,
Blu-glow white or white white Interlux? I used blu-glow on the hull. Very white! Mike

Re:More banshee progress 14 years 2 months ago #12379

Brightsides White....not Blu-White.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.210 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6800 guests and no members online