Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Splashing Our Rogue II Tomorrow

Splashing Our Rogue II Tomorrow 8 years 4 months ago #122209

Well Sarah Jo is finally done. All of the old wiring has been replaced with the NOS harnesses I found online.

I registered it and the Evinrude trailer with Idaho DMV this morning, then went to Harbor Freight and bought a heat gun, plastic scrapers and Goof Off.

One final stop at Idaho Watersports to get the new hull numbers and the name cut and then I went home. The hull got a good cleaning with Attwood Hull Cleaner, and then I attached the new Evinrude emblems I got from Andrew Gleason, the hull numbers and the name.

One of these days I'll take the time to use rubbing compound and a good polish and wax.

BTW, Brooke, the kids and I will be at the ACBS Payette Lakes boat show in McCall in July. We registered this morning and reserved our room. I don't know that our boat is in the same league as those wooden beauties, so we might bring it, but we won't be showing it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Frederic
Retired Army Guy
1969 OMC Evinrude Rogue II 210
163 original hours

Re:Splashing Our Rogue II Tomorrow 8 years 4 months ago #122215

Would love to see some pics of the boat. Have fun, and as always, be safe out there on the water. :)

Marty
Keeper of Pawpaws Boat
1962 Span America

Re:Splashing Our Rogue II Tomorrow 8 years 4 months ago #122225

Pawpaws Boat wrote:

Would love to see some pics of the boat. Have fun, and as always, be safe out there on the water. :)

I was on my iPhone and couldn't resize the pics.

Here you go! :laugh:
Attachments:

Frederic
Retired Army Guy
163 original hours

Re:Splashing Our Rogue II Tomorrow 8 years 4 months ago #122226

An old pic, from when we lived in Texas.
Attachments:

Frederic
Retired Army Guy
163 original hours

Re:Splashing Our Rogue II Tomorrow 8 years 4 months ago #122232

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
Gotta love 'em. Those warhorses are tough as nails and heavy. Had one in the early '80's with the 800 outdrive and the Buick V6. Can't remember the exact year but all the gauges were on the starboard side of the helm in a vertical array. Could have been a Johnson. The trailer is so over engineered you could build a house on it.
Attachments:

Re:Splashing Our Rogue II Tomorrow 8 years 4 months ago #122234

63 Sabre wrote:

Gotta love 'em. Those warhorses are tough as nails and heavy. Had one in the early '80's with the 800 outdrive and the Buick V6. Can't remember the exact year but all the gauges were on the starboard side of the helm in a vertical array. Could have been a Johnson. The trailer is so over engineered you could build a house on it.

They are definitely warhorses for sure, and the trailer is the stoutest I've ever seen. I love that OMC/Evinrude/Johnson made the trailers to go with the boats...innovative for the time.

We had a blast today. Sarah Jo performed as if she was brand new. Brooke absolutely LOVED the boat and so did the kids. The nice thing about living on the lake is that it takes no time at all to get to the docks.

I can't wait to go back out.
Attachments:

Frederic
Retired Army Guy
163 original hours

Re:Splashing Our Rogue II Tomorrow 8 years 4 months ago #122236

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Please do not post pictures of having fun on the water. Today there were tiny snowflakes floating around, freezing temps tonight but supposed to warm up next weekend. Not called the "frozen tundra" for nothing.
Attachments:

Re:Splashing Our Rogue II Tomorrow 8 years 4 months ago #122247

63 Sabre wrote:

Please do not post pictures of having fun on the water. Today there were tiny snowflakes floating around, freezing temps tonight but supposed to warm up next weekend. Not called the "frozen tundra" for nothing.

I won't mention that the temp was in the 80's then.... :P

Frederic
Retired Army Guy
163 original hours

Re:Splashing Our Rogue II Tomorrow 8 years 4 months ago #122252

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Noooooo
Attachments:

Re:Splashing Our Rogue II Tomorrow 8 years 4 months ago #122259

Wow, looks great!!!!!!!!! If it would just quit raining all the time I could de-winterize the Wagemaker and get her on the water!

Bob

Re:Splashing Our Rogue II Tomorrow 8 years 4 months ago #122518

Weather took a turn and we've been getting rain for several days, on and off. I was hoping to get out on the water, but Sarah Jo will have to wait.

I finally found my tackle box in one of our many unopened moving boxes still in the garage. I took the time to clean it out and organize it. At least I'll be ready for fishing.

In the meantime, I wait for the weather to clear...

Frederic
Retired Army Guy
163 original hours

Re:Splashing Our Rogue II Tomorrow 8 years 3 months ago #123141

We took Sarah Jo out to Lucky Peak Lake on Saturday. She performed flawlessly...with five people on board and two coolers, I was able to get 34MPH @ 4300RPM, with a 14x16 prop.

When we got back to the marina, I was waiting for Brooke to get the truck and trailer, and my "Hot" light came on, so I immediately shut the engine off. Turns out the Electricshift water pump finally gave up the ghost.

I ordered original OMC parts and will attempt this repair myself....as a certified rotary wing Airframe & Powerplant mechanic, how hard can it be, when you have the service manual, right?

Here's a pic.
Attachments:

Frederic
Retired Army Guy
163 original hours

Re:Splashing Our Rogue II Tomorrow 8 years 3 months ago #123143

• Dr.Go!
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 125
First - Thank You for your service! I love my freedom to go boating and live where I do, so can't thank service people enough.
Second - Your rotary Mechanical training makes this child's play for you. I thank my mother (the school teacher) who taught me to read, my Dad for getting me into boating and reading everything about it growing up, my older brother for becoming a certified marine mechanic (so I watched a lot and handed wrenches growing up). All of them allows me to be a patient novice repairman and learn a little more every time I tinker...though I stop before I break something if when I read the manual, I do not fully understand...like Clint Eastwood said ...a Man has to know his limitations...mine stop pretty quickly.

That is one really nice boat. I always liked those boat/trailer combos. Got to drive a sweet 16 a few times. I like that they have neat hardware and emblems! Enjoy!

Dr.Go!

Re:Splashing Our Rogue II Tomorrow 8 years 3 months ago #123525

Refurb of the outdrive went like clockwork. We had a great day on Lucky Peak Reservoir yesterday. Only setback is that the tilt motor needs to be replaced. What can I expect for 47 years?

Frederic
Retired Army Guy
163 original hours

Re:Splashing Our Rogue II Tomorrow 8 years 3 months ago #123550

47-year old tilt motor. Tilt shaft was broken too. Lesson (FORMER OWNER!!!!!) is DON'T hold the "Down" tilt button and wait for the outdrive to crash.
Attachments:

Frederic
Retired Army Guy
163 original hours

Re:Splashing Our Rogue II Tomorrow 8 years 3 months ago #123565

The culprit....or maybe victim in this instance. I did find the broken piece, and the evidence points to the former owner (aka the kid) holding the "Down" button....clean break. The remaining piece picked up the slack, and I'm amazed it lasted as long as it did.
Attachments:

Frederic
Retired Army Guy
163 original hours
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.225 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT