Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Baja 1600V Question

Baja 1600V Question 8 years 5 months ago #122123

Hello all,

I am reluctantly selling my 1975 Baja 1600V which I've owned (and regularly used) since 1988. It's been a great boat, but my kids are soon going to college and my wife has never enjoyed being on water. It has a same year Mercury 115 with power tilt and trim which has been regularly maintained including new impellers every 4-5 years. It's all original with a near perfect windshield, but it needs new vinyl for the recently rebuilt seat boxes. Anyway, before I post it here, I want to ask what a fair price would be. I was told $2,500 - $3,500 on another site, but it never hurts to get a second opinion.

Thanks,

John

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Baja 1600V Question 8 years 5 months ago #122139

Depends on where you are. Last year I picked up my '71 Kona for $2500. Intact vinyl, '78 Merc 1500, gel in good condition and no wood rot.
Ive seen up to a $4000 price difference just due to interior, and a clean shiny hull. See what other similar boats are going for on your local craigslist.

Will

Re:Baja 1600V Question 8 years 5 months ago #122150

Thanks - I've looked on CL within a 400 mi. radius from me and can't find anything comparable. Here are some pictures if it helps.

Re:Baja 1600V Question 8 years 5 months ago #122151

Thanks - I've looked on CL within a 400 mi. radius from me and can't find anything comparable. Here are some pictures if it helps.

Re:Baja 1600V Question 8 years 5 months ago #122152

Wood is SOLID.

Re:Baja 1600V Question 8 years 4 months ago #122223

nice looking boat. market value is greatly different depending on the local market. In my area (Los Angeles), I'd probably start at $4k, then adjust as necessary. Boats are like hot rods, you'll never get out, what you've put into it.
It's most likely going to appeal to someone like me. I grew up with my dad owning this era and style of boat. Now that I went into the market to get a boat, I needed cheap. But I am familiar with, and like the 70's style (especially the I-6 Merc!).
Keep in mind, I'm probably not the best expert on this subject, just speaking up to hopefully be helpful.

Will

Re:Baja 1600V Question 8 years 4 months ago #122251

Thanks Will - I will post it on the site today.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online