Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Oops I did it again- New Acquisition - Lake 'N Sea

Oops I did it again- New Acquisition - Lake 'N Sea 8 years 5 months ago #121933

Hello All,

I couldn't help myself. I have done nothing at all to restore my 1959 Cutter and I came across a 1959 Lake 'n Sea that I had to have. As far as I can tell, it has the majority of the original hardware and the original 35hp Johnson Super Sea Horse that runs beautifully. The special thing about this boat is that is the same model and color that my wife's grandfather had himself in the late 50's and early 60's. He passed 2 years ago and we found 8mm film of him with cruising around in the boat. We plan to make this one look just like his.

So.....another project.....

I have gotten in touch with the Lake 'n Sea owners association and confirmed some of the information about the boat and gotten some photos of some of the original seat cushions that I will try to replicate.

I would love to hear any ideas, thoughts, or tips any of you may have on this one as well. The steering cables aren't in that great of shape and the flotation foam under the deck has seen a few short term live in guests, but other than that she is in great shape save for the oxidation on the paint. I may just run new cable and splash her this summer as well.

This old boat thing sure is a lot of fun! :)
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Oops I did it again- New Acquisition - Lake 'N Sea 8 years 5 months ago #121935

Nice looking boat!!!

Marty
Keeper of Pawpaws Boat
1962 Span America

Re:Oops I did it again- New Acquisition - Lake 'N Sea 8 years 5 months ago #121941

• Nautilus
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 58
"I would love to hear any ideas, thoughts, or tips..."

You have too much work ahead of you. Sell the Lake N Sea to me for $300 and get back on the '59 Cutter project. It's for your own good. Trust me...you'll feel better with this new burden off your shoulders.

Mentor to the unenlightened!

"Never allow logic to interfere with a boat purchase." - J. S. Hadley
"Vintage quality beats new junk every time." - J. S. Hadley
"Anything supposed to do two things does both of them half-assed." - J. S. Hadley
"Success makes...

Re:Oops I did it again- New Acquisition - Lake 'N Sea 8 years 5 months ago #121942

Haha Nautilus. Thanks for the "tip". I'll keep that in mind.

Re:Oops I did it again- New Acquisition - Lake 'N Sea 8 years 5 months ago #121979

I used to have the identical boat, got a decent amount of use out of it. The one thing about it is that they ride really hard in just about any kind of chop. I had a 1960 Lark 40 hp on mine. The motor in your pic looks awfully wide for a 40 are you sure it isn't a fat 50?

Re:Oops I did it again- New Acquisition - Lake 'N Sea 8 years 5 months ago #121985

Great find!

Bob

Re:Oops I did it again- New Acquisition - Lake 'N Sea 8 years 5 months ago #121986

It is actually the original 1959 Johnson Super Sea Horse 35 Hp. At least according to the s/n and the old outboard book.

Re:Oops I did it again- New Acquisition - Lake 'N Sea 8 years 5 months ago #121989

Nice looking boat!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online