• Page:

TOPIC: Boat Color Selection

Boat Color Selection 8 years 5 months ago #121926

• Nautilus
  • Nautilus's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 58
I get my ideas for paint colors from looking at cars on the road.

Over the years I have made notes of some of my favorites:
1976 Dodge Powder Blue, 1962 Corvette Honduras Maroon, 1957 Chevrolet Tropical Turquoise, etc. If you see a color you like and know the make and year of manufacture of the car (or a close guess), here's a link that will give you the formula you'll need to duplicate the color:

www.autocolorlibrary.com/

I used to sit in auto paint stores and spend lots of time going through the "antique" paint chip books. No more! Now I just sit home and use this website. Just plug in the year and make and then scroll down to take a look at the paint chart. Foolproof...no more disappointments.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Mentor to the unenlightened!

"Never allow logic to interfere with a boat purchase." - J. S. Hadley
"Vintage quality beats new junk every time." - J. S. Hadley
"Anything supposed to do two things does both of them half-assed." - J. S. Hadley
"Success makes...

Re:Boat Color Selection 8 years 5 months ago #121932

Interesting. My 1968 Dodge D100 is a shade of blue that isn't listed in the Dodge truck paint chips for that year. I've been told it is a "Medium Blue Super Enamel" that was only available on the "White Hat Special" edition. There was an "Artic blue" that was a light blue, and there was a "Marlin blue" that was a dark blue. The shade of blue on my truck is in between the other shades. Maybe that site will help me find the exact paint code. The truck has original paint and doesn't need to be painted, but it would be nice to know the code. Thanks for posting that site.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Marty
Keeper of Pawpaws Boat
1962 Span America
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.162 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024