Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: ok another problem

ok another problem 8 years 5 months ago #121457

ok i am beginning to reinstall hardware where when i add another piece i can't put anything else on... as is i am putting a wall panel in and afterwards i can't mount anything else to that side so my horn was originally on the starboard side at the helm. i want to move it over to the port side in the same location before my panel is glued on. would it be awkward to have the horn on the port side away from me blaring in my ear. i was thinking of mounting it on the front, but there is a lot of stuff up there already so i was just wondering if it would be the right boat etiquette . i think i have a picture of where it was originally.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:ok another problem 8 years 5 months ago #121460

Why not get rid of that horn and location all together and go with a smaller, new tech deck mounted horn?

Just wondering.

Karsten

Re:ok another problem 8 years 5 months ago #121462

I say, it's your boat, mount that horn wherever you want to , unless you are a purist, then put it back where it was originally.

Marty
Keeper of Pawpaws Boat
1962 Span America

Re:ok another problem 8 years 5 months ago #121468

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
What I do is make out a punch list of all things that have to be done and installed BEFORE you begin work. Go through the list and then assign a number to each in the proper order to be done. IE. run all electric wires, cables, mount lights/horn, glass in wood support backing where needed, run vents, bilge pumps/hoses etc. Like building a house...install the essentials before putting up the walls.
I've even glassed conduit runs under the gunwales for cables and wires when tops were separated. Make the jobs easier and more organized.

Re:ok another problem 8 years 5 months ago #121487

• Nautilus
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 58
If it's a problem, just get rid of the horn altogether and get one of those air blast hand-jobs. They're good enough for the Coast Guard.

Mentor to the unenlightened!

"Never allow logic to interfere with a boat purchase." - J. S. Hadley
"Vintage quality beats new junk every time." - J. S. Hadley
"Anything supposed to do two things does both of them half-assed." - J. S. Hadley
"Success makes...
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.173 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle