Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: New Member - 1960 Dorsett Catalina

New Member - 1960 Dorsett Catalina 8 years 6 months ago #120821

Ahoy - New novice member here, starting from scratch with my project 1960 Dorsett Catalina. Directed to Fiberglassics by Brett Bartlett (thank you very much) knowing there are others that share my passion for Dorsett, and other, fiberglassic craft. My new find has healthy hull with solid spars and stringers, newly installed transom and outboard done by pros, and many/most original parts and pieces. Gel coat needs total reconstitution or new paint after proper prep.

I am hoping Fiberglassics members can guide me to sources, advise, products, procedures, as I tackle this beauty, with hopes of keeping it as ‘faithful’ to original as possible. I am excited to find the boat and more excited to find a group that is passionate about seeing these historical gems restored and kept in the bright sun, where they belong.

I look forward to a fruitful exchange, and hopefully meeting some of you in the process. Cheers . . .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:New Member - 1960 Dorsett Catalina 8 years 6 months ago #120831

• frog
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
welcome don, there is a lot of talent here at F/G. me not so much. if you have any questions just ask, we also can B/S you an answer. lol greg

Re:New Member - 1960 Dorsett Catalina 8 years 6 months ago #120832

• Shake
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
welcome captain, I have a 59 dorsett catalina, out in the shed, waiting for my retirement years haha, Now, cap, you didn't happen to land this catalina from a marina in Mauston wisconsin did you? =) AnyHoo, pictures of your boat would help a lot.
Attachments:

Golden Rule number one; While working in the bilge, absolutely under no circumstances, NO FARTING!!!! Captn Shake aka Joe.

Re: New Member - 1960 Dorsett Catalina 8 years 6 months ago #120854

cpndon,

WELCOME ABOARD. - ImVho, you have found the RIGHT place for help in your project.

yours, satx

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re:New Member - 1960 Dorsett Catalina 8 years 6 months ago #120868

cpndon,
Welcome aboard, glad to have you here. Yes pics would be good so we can determine what your up against since there are several ways to go. Again welcome aboard.

Bob

Re:New Member - 1960 Dorsett Catalina 8 years 6 months ago #121025

Thanks for all your support and encouragement. Pictures are forthcoming. Be careful what you ask for, cuz I will probably be full of questions, requests for sources, opinions, assistance, and consolation. Cheers . . .

Re:New Member - 1960 Dorsett Catalina 8 years 6 months ago #121026

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
Welcome, Don't pay any attention to those old fogies! They know notink that's why pictures are needed. Just kidding...we're from the gov't and here to help.
All information is free so you know what it's worth.
That being said. There are professional people here to help with EVERY aspect of your project from engine repair, tuneup, replacement to gelcoat application to custom paint schemes, even replacing worn out windows and complete rebuild or original restoration. Also a great place to find those hard to locate pieces you might be missing.
You came to the right place. Salute the Ensign and step aboard. Permission granted.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online