Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Interest In Falls Lake, N.C. GTG In June???

Interest In Falls Lake, N.C. GTG In June??? 8 years 6 months ago #120635

The ECGOA (East Coast Glasspar Owners Association) is wanting to see if there is any interest in another GTG at Falls Lake, N.C. in June?
We have had two (2) prior GTG's at this location with good success and had talked about it last fall but could not seem to get it done.

As with our past events, this would be open to any and all makes of boats, classic or new. Falls Lake, N.C. is just north of Raleigh and is a good sized lake with excellent ramps and docks within the N.C. State Park system there.

I will get some links up to our prior events along with a link to area we have assembled our groups before.

Please let me know if any of you are interested in this event.
Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Interest In Falls Lake, N.C. GTG In June??? 8 years 6 months ago #120636

Re:Interest In Falls Lake, N.C. GTG In June??? 8 years 6 months ago #120668

Would love to try again this year but not sure I'll still be living in Southern Maryland, we'll see.

Bob

Re:Interest In Falls Lake, N.C. GTG In June??? 8 years 6 months ago #120679

Thanks for your reply Bob! I was hoping to hear from Denny and some of the guys at the Raleigh AOMCI Group.

Re:Interest In Falls Lake, N.C. GTG In June??? 8 years 4 months ago #123032

Hi everyone. I have been super distracted for the past 6 months. I retired, moved to Clayton NC, and I'm caught up in building a new display garage. I just realized today that I had not been keeping in touch here. This past January I also became President of the Carolinas Chapter AOMCI, and I've been spending what little spare time I can muster, working on our club items.

I have been interested in doing this meet again. I was hoping for it last year but it didn't work out. Now, due to all the rain last Fall, my display garage project is about 4 months behind. I am working on the interior walls as I am writing, and planting grass in front. Now the problem is the grass :-( Until is it grown stable, I cannot pull any of the boats outs of the garage. So this year I have not tuned any of my motors for meets. .. still winterized from last year & may have to stay that way until next Spring. I am retired finally, so I plan to attend a lot more activities.

If you set a date for Falls Lake, I will publicize it through our AOMCI club. And maybe jump in someone else's boat :-)

THANKS - I'll try to keep in touch here more often!

Denny

Thanks !

Denny Cole
Clayton NC

Re:Interest In Falls Lake, N.C. GTG In June??? 8 years 4 months ago #123040

Well I haven't moved yet so I could probably make it depending on when.

Bob

Re:Interest In Falls Lake, N.C. GTG In June??? 8 years 4 months ago #123107

Denny and Bob:

Thanks for your replies fellas!

Denny, congratulations on becoming President of the AOMCI Group.
Bob, Denny and myself had communicated through e-mail not long after I posted this and as he said, he had a pretty full schedule in June.
Well now June is here and is about half gone! :laugh: So, I was wondering what you guys thought about trying to do this sometime in July or early August?? If you guys can make it, I will contact our group and let them know.

Thanks!

Re:Interest In Falls Lake, N.C. GTG In June??? 8 years 3 months ago #123123

I can't do it the last week of July or first week of August week ends. I'm doing testing at work those two weeks and can't get out early on a Friday to make it down there. Other than that I think I'm good. I just have to get the trailer back together. Damn inner hub bearing disintegrated this weekend. Luckily nothing happened.

Bob

Re:Interest In Falls Lake, N.C. GTG In June??? 8 years 3 months ago #123145

Thanks for your reply Bob! Hopefully, Denny will see our posts and let us know what his preferences are. Any weekend in July should be alright on my end.

Re:Interest In Falls Lake, N.C. GTG In June??? 8 years 3 months ago #123213

We have an AOMCI meet on July 23rd in Reidsville NC, north of Greensboro. And I am going to the Constantine Mich meet from the 8th through 10th. I had that one on my bucket list and finally this year I'm giving it a go .. about 800 miles. Sadly that only gives me the 16th or 17th open in July. I'm already booked most, if not all of August.

Whatever you guys decide, I can publicize it through the AOMCI to hopefully get a few boats. As I mentioned previously, I am building a display garage and my boats are all sealed up (still winterized) outside until my new grass is passable. That could be September, so I would try to come along with someone for the day. I am mostly looking to 2017 to have my boats routinely available again.

Thanks !

Denny Cole

Thanks !

Denny Cole
Clayton NC

Re:Interest In Falls Lake, N.C. GTG In June??? 8 years 3 months ago #123322

Thanks for your reply Denny! Sorry for my delay in a reply back to all of you. :( I will check with our group and see how those dates might work out. Denny is your event in Reidsville an "in water" meet or just a dry land display??

Thanks!

Re:Interest In Falls Lake, N.C. GTG In June??? 8 years 3 months ago #123339

Reidsville is an in water event. Of course not all our members bring boats .. some just motors. You guys would certainly be welcome to join us if that would work better.

Thanks,

Denny

Thanks !

Denny Cole
Clayton NC

Re:Interest In Falls Lake, N.C. GTG In June??? 8 years 3 months ago #123359

Thanks Denny! We may take you up on your offer. Can you give me an address of exactly where you guys will be?? Thanks!

Re:Interest In Falls Lake, N.C. GTG In June??? 8 years 3 months ago #123380

Hmm that could be a possibility, a lot closer than Falls Lake. Chrome isn't looking the best any more though, brackish water is eating up! :(

Bob

Re:Interest In Falls Lake, N.C. GTG In June??? 8 years 3 months ago #123387

Hi .. here is the text from our chapter schedule. We don't show an address but there is probably one on the internet. Reidsville Lake is about 30 or 40 miles north of Greensboro.

July 23: AOMCI Carolinas’ traditional wet meet at Lake Reidsville in Reidsville, NC. Bring lunch and drinks,
or buy snacks and drinks at the park store on site. Starts at 9:00 AM. There will be a $5 event fee to cover the
cost of the shelter, and it costs a couple of bucks to get into the city park. This is an ideal spot for a wet
meet, with plenty of safe dockage and a small sandy beach. Bring motors and boats to run and/or display.
Contact Scott Bogue at 336-375-4247 for info.

You guys can also call me 919-632-2653 for any confirmations. That is my cell phone so you can use it the day of the meet if you have trouble finding the place. You can also text me. I can send you my email address through text if that helps.

Thanks,

Denny Cole
Clayton NC

Thanks !

Denny Cole
Clayton NC

Re:Interest In Falls Lake, N.C. GTG In June??? 8 years 3 months ago #123482

Thanks for the info Denny!

Re:Interest In Falls Lake, N.C. GTG In June??? 8 years 3 months ago #123501

Red G-3:

If and when you visit Florida again please call me and come by to see us, or we could even meet you at I-10, I-75 intersection area in Lake City for a short visit!!

Jim Savage
Crawfordville, Fl
850-320-5279

Jim Savage

Re:Interest In Falls Lake, N.C. GTG In June??? 8 years 2 months ago #124205

Is anyone on here planning to attend the Lake Reidsville AOMCI meet on July 23? Would my 1973 original (clean unrestored) boat be out of place? Would be fun to meet some of you in the Southeast.

Re:Interest In Falls Lake, N.C. GTG In June??? 8 years 2 months ago #124213

Denny:

I posted on your other thread about your Lake Reidsville Event.
We are planning on attending and hope to get some of our other
Glasspar Members to come as well.

Here is the address of Lake Reidsville for anyone interested:

Lake Reidsville
630 Water Works Road
Reidsville, N.C. 27320

Re:Interest In Falls Lake, N.C. GTG In June??? 8 years 2 months ago #124216

A '73 original would be great to see. The AOMCI recognizes outboards from 1951 through 30 years old (1986) as "Classic" motors. And 1950 and prior as "Antique" motors. So you are well within the range. I hope you can join us.

I provided the details of the meet a few posts down and my phone number. You can use my number for communications on the day of the meet if you have any trouble finding the place, or problems on the road.

The address for the meet is:

630 Waterworks Rd, Reidsville, NC 27320

Thanks !

Denny Cole
Clayton NC

Re:Interest In Falls Lake, N.C. GTG In June??? 8 years 2 months ago #124220

Great. My wife and I will be attending (as I live within 2 hours).

Sounds like fun!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.235 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online