• Page:

TOPIC: we should have a toy and model boat section forum

we should have a toy and model boat section forum 8 years 7 months ago #119776

• Shake
  • Shake's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
neat toy arkansas traveler never seen one of these before...

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Golden Rule number one; While working in the bilge, absolutely under no circumstances, NO FARTING!!!! Captn Shake aka Joe.

Re:we should have a toy and model boat section forum 8 years 7 months ago #119780

• cosmic12
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 1
WOW! that is so cool! Are you gona buy it?

Re:we should have a toy and model boat section forum 8 years 7 months ago #119782

• Shake
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
lol nope sure aint.

Golden Rule number one; While working in the bilge, absolutely under no circumstances, NO FARTING!!!! Captn Shake aka Joe.

Re:we should have a toy and model boat section forum 8 years 7 months ago #119788

• VinTin
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
I don't get the toy boat or toy motor hobby.

....but to each their own!

Re:we should have a toy and model boat section forum 8 years 7 months ago #119799

• Shake
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
The prices are pretty crazy, but I could see wanting to have something you enjoy to look at while you're stuck at home or if you work in an orfice, in you orfice... lol

Re:we should have a toy and model boat section forum 8 years 7 months ago #119800

omg.. i've been building scaled down model boats out of the old popular science and mechanics mags,,since i was a kid.. i still have all my fathers old books now..i couldnt afford to build the real things. so my dad showed me how to scale them down.. and ive been building them ever since.. made a few rc and had a blast with them..

Re:we should have a toy and model boat section forum 8 years 7 months ago #119812

vintagerunner,
Can you post pictures of some of your handiwork please??
doc F

Re:we should have a toy and model boat section forum 8 years 7 months ago #119813

I was very lucky to have found "the holy grail" of vintage RC boats.
Produced in very limited numbers by the German company Graupner and it is believed that only two or 3 excist due to the used plastic that became brittle like egg shelves during the years.

Please find enclosed in the picture the 1958 Chris Craft Silver Arrow with original box and original electric motor.

Taco.
Attachments:

Re:we should have a toy and model boat section forum 8 years 7 months ago #119814

Another picture

Re:we should have a toy and model boat section forum 8 years 7 months ago #119815

• Nautilus
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 58
I guess I don't "get it" either. There web is full of model boat forums. I just don't think Fiberglassics is the place to start another...just my opinion. (There goes my karma!)

Mentor to the unenlightened!

"Never allow logic to interfere with a boat purchase." - J. S. Hadley
"Vintage quality beats new junk every time." - J. S. Hadley
"Anything supposed to do two things does both of them half-assed." - J. S. Hadley
"Success makes...

Re:we should have a toy and model boat section forum 8 years 7 months ago #119840

Doc.. here's one.. its a coast guard cutter.. built from plans in either pop. science or pop mechanic's.. we also doubled the size and built one around 6ft long.. i'll have to get up to my parents house.. the rest of the ones i still have are on shelves in their basement.. last one i started building was a 30in. long model of the Sea Babe..which was a 15ft mini cabin outboard.. and hand carved a 60's 75hp evinrude v4 for the back of it.. and never finished it.. now that my kids are grown.. i'll have to finish that one up... this started life as 2 nice 2x4's run through the table saw and cut into strips..

Re:we should have a toy and model boat section forum 8 years 7 months ago #119841

i always say one of these days i'll finish painting them.. lol

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.208 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online