• Page:

TOPIC: Very little boats.

Very little boats. 8 years 8 months ago #119410

• cosmic12
  • cosmic12's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 1
Not only do I have a growing collection of Finns and really need to stop finding and or getting more but I seem to be getting outa control on the ones on the shelves or packed away in box's.
Anybody else have to many hobbies/collections?
I hope I am not the only one. The wife keeps saying STOP!! enough is enough and is threating a family/friends intervention.
Anybody???

This might be 1/3 of it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Very little boats. 8 years 8 months ago #119412

• StevieB
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
More than one is a collection.

Lucky for right now, I do not have a collection of real boats.

Reason - space is always an issue.

But, I have a few collections of other things.

Keeping it within control and boundaries preserves peace.

StevieB Says ....................

Re:Very little boats. 8 years 8 months ago #119417

Take a few pictures of empty counter, floor, dresser open space a defense that you need more. :woohoo:

Re:Very little boats. 8 years 8 months ago #119422

• bilnan1
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 14
I started just buy fin boats cause they were cheap then I realized the cost of restoring each one then when I was done it looked like all the others that people have,then I started paying more for the rare,it cost the same to restore a rare and desirable boat as it does the common boat, But I enjoy the hunt for the trailers,motors ect but now I have 40 completed boats with correct trailer and running correct engines, I feel in time it is a better investment than just filling up on a fin boat,,just my opinion and I look at it as along term investment and a 401 since I have been self employed,look at website www.billscars.com ,, good luck the little motors are neat and easy to store good luck Bill

Re:Very little boats. 8 years 8 months ago #119426

i have about 100 lionel train pieces, down from 200, 40 coca cola trucks, around 12 scassis lighthouses, 30 or so heritage village ceramic buildings , and my favorites of all 1/25th scale, steel wheel and rubber tire farm tractors, and a few metal track crawlers. everything mint in boxes except for the tractors, most of which i display. all for sale if anyone interested. i got caught up in this stuff in the 80s and 90s...very foolish. : :
Attachments:

Re:Very little boats. 8 years 8 months ago #119429

• Nautilus
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 58
I used to be big into O gauge trains. At my peak, I had 54 engines and over 100 pieces of rolling stock. (photo) I added a fourth level over what you see in the photo with 30" radius curves for the full scale GG-1s in addition to the track that went along the ceiling. I was never much on scenery...I'm a track man! I could put 17 trains on the tracks and run nine of them at one time....eventually all powered with vintage Lionel Z and ZW transformers. The noise was deafening. I never measured it but I must have had close to 500-600' of track. The boat restoration business grew and I needed storage space so the train room was sacrificed in the name of fiscal responsibility. I sold almost the whole nine yards to a collector, tore down the walls and trashed the platforms...but I kept all the track and switches and my favorite engines and cars. You never know.....

Attachments:

Mentor to the unenlightened!

"Never allow logic to interfere with a boat purchase." - J. S. Hadley
"Vintage quality beats new junk every time." - J. S. Hadley
"Anything supposed to do two things does both of them half-assed." - J. S. Hadley
"Success makes...

Re:Very little boats. 8 years 8 months ago #119430

• Robby321
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 10
Had a lot of boats and electric motors a kid, and wish kept'em! But I got Hot Wheels, car, bikes and this is just SOME, as more in boxes in the shop loft..no more room in here! If it makes ya happy?..DO IT! Always been a toy freak (any size!)
Attachments:

Re:Very little boats. 8 years 8 months ago #119435

• cosmic12
  • cosmic12's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 1
guess one thing leads to another, atleast I am not the only one.LOL

Re:Very little boats. 8 years 8 months ago #119442

• frog
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
I have the bug also, here is some of my stuff. these pics were taken 4 years ago, as of now I have over 10,000 marbles. that started as a joke about my boats and I was told that I lost my marbles, for having so many boats , so I found them, I also collect bow and arrows and firearms. they are in a different room. glad i'am not the only one who is nuts. lol greg

Re:Very little boats. 8 years 8 months ago #119449

Smallest boat I had was a 1991 Bufalo Mini boat powered with a 3 1/2 hp Tohatsu, adapted for steering and with the throttle operated with a modified lawn mower control. It was 6 1/2' long.

Sold it to a buddy who still has it to run on his pond in his backyard.

Totally impractical but great fun!
Attachments:

Dave Nau - 1966 MFG Niagara with 1963 Mercury 350 (35hp) outboard and 1966 Tee Nee trailer. Second boat is a 1962 MFG Edinboro with a 1984 Evinrude 70hp and Holsclaw trailer.

Re:Very little boats. 8 years 8 months ago #119451

the hardest part of displaying toy collections is by far cleaning them. even in enclosed display cabinets the dust just gravitates to them. ron

Re:Very little boats. 8 years 8 months ago #119452

nautilus....looks like you had quite a nice layout there. i probably had about 1/4 of that. ron

Re:Very little boats. 8 years 8 months ago #119466

• Robby321
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 10
On real "little boats"? My dad bought this when I was a kid. Ended up mine, and later I took out the inboard stuff, took a can of nails and hammered in a 100 nails (hey I was just a dumb kid!) in the transom and put a 10 Rude on it! Porpoised way too bad and ended up selling it to a minibike friend mine. Second pic for size comparison with Ed in it. And forgot where found the restored (not the same boat) boat pix Damn, it was CUTE FUN!

Re:Very little boats. 8 years 8 months ago #119489

I am just a piker...
Larry
Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.243 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online