Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Any advise about emblems and hardware...?

Any advise about emblems and hardware...? 8 years 8 months ago #119371

Hey everyone!

I have a 1958 fleetform commodore that I have sold and then bought back again, however when I got it back, the emblems and probably about 90% of the hardware including half the steering assembly has now gone missing. And before your tempted to tell me when an idiot I am for having lost them....just keep in mind, I already know that part. I get to kick myself daily for it.

But beyond that, does anyone have any suggestions about how I can go about finding some of these parts? Or if anyone knows of another one I could buy, or buy parts? I thought I found a donor, but it was missing more than mine. Also, Jerome Willis's 58 that is on fiberglassics is already sold, sadly.

I have found a company in California that duplicate any emblem, but I need one to copy. If anyone has an emblem I could borrow and have copied, I'd obviously be willing to pay for shipping both ways if I would be able to make a copy. And depending on cost, maybe even have a coy made for them as well.

I am restoring my commodore and I am progressing much faster than I expected and will soon be needing all this stuff. Thanks so much for any help or ideas!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Any advise about emblems and hardware...? 8 years 7 months ago #119698

Nice talkin with ya yesterday and here is what I have. I have a mint windshield and a bow light. I may have a transum light that would work for ya when you get that far. I looked for the back grab handles today but didn't find them but I know I saved them. I am sure someone on here would have some emblems for you but I will continue to look for them too. maybe they were in a box of stuff I got when I got mine. I checked outback and the boat did go to the fiberglass grinder last summer so its gone. I see there is yet another painting thread up one HOW TO DO IT WRONG. Do not use interlux or rustolum paint its total swill. Pay the money and do it right the first time. I accually have a boat with interlux on it to be done in the spring and its going to cost him $3000 just to strip that crap off. Well that it where it has not fallen off already. Just keep in mind this, ROllers and brushes were designed to paint houses and paint guns to paint cars bikes and boats.
Well maybe someone will chime in and have some emblems for ya. Let me know if you want some of the stuff I have before it all goes to ebay. I am selling off a ton of stuff in the next 2 months.
Bob

Re:Any advise about emblems and hardware...? 8 years 7 months ago #119701

Interesting perspective on paint in a hardware topic.

Several here @FG and another site I frequent have all had exceptional results w Rusto paint on both fiberglass.and aluminum boats via hvlp spray guns, roll & tip (brush) or roll & roll methods.

Re:Any advise about emblems and hardware...? 8 years 7 months ago #119707

• Shake
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Hi Bob, any luck on finding that drain plug for the lake n sea I got from you? How have you been?

Golden Rule number one; While working in the bilge, absolutely under no circumstances, NO FARTING!!!! Captn Shake aka Joe.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.161 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online