Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Rub rail for 1968 Starcraft Bahama?

Rub rail for 1968 Starcraft Bahama? 8 years 10 months ago #117831

I had a deal fall in my lap when someone saw me restoring Larson. I now own a 1968 Starcraft that I think is a Bahama. She needs to be cleaned up and needs seats, but all the hardware is badly pitted or missing. Windshield could stand to be replaced as well, looks like PO used something that melted the plexi on the driver side. I think I could just have plexi cut to pattern of old one? Does this sound doable? I'll include pics of her, and if anyone has ideas, let me know.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Rub rail for 1968 Starcraft Bahama? 8 years 10 months ago #117853

Welcome aboard and nice find. For the rubrail check Wefco. Yes you could cut plexiglass and heat it to shape it. I believe Andrew Gott (ANGOTT) did a thread on just how to do that.

Bob

Re:Rub rail for 1968 Starcraft Bahama? 8 years 10 months ago #117863

Thank you for the welcome! Well, one boat has now turned to two, and I'm a bit worried about an addiction!
I was going to just turn this Starcraft, but looks like this will now be our harbor cruiser. I will try weftco for run rail, and the windshield is salvageable, but will need new base trim as its uv'd to death. I'll look on Wftco site, if anybody knows a better place for windshield base trim, please throw it out there! I actually put a wheel and fine compound on windshield today and it worked! Came out pretty good.
I have to find a new bow light and some odd little one sided cleats that I'll attach. Also the little Starcraft step pad for the rail. Any suggestions are welcomed.

I can't seem to upload pics from my phone because of size, any suggestions there?

Re:Rub rail for 1968 Starcraft Bahama? 8 years 10 months ago #117911

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5

Mark

Re:Rub rail for 1968 Starcraft Bahama? 8 years 9 months ago #118136

I see Wefco is in canola park, so I may take a ride down there. I sent them pictures of my rub rail, but must not be clear enough. They asked for a sample section, but I'm a bit reluctant to do that before I know for sure they have the aluminum channel as well. Do you know that they provide that as well?

Re:Rub rail for 1968 Starcraft Bahama? 8 years 9 months ago #118138

Yes, Welcome, about that addiction thing...

See my other post on your windshield footings, I have the base strip too.

Actually I have some windshields left as well, but it looks like you saved that one..

Dave in sunny Buffalo

Classic Fiberglass Boat Owners Association:
www.classicfiberglasboats.com/

Re:Rub rail for 1968 Starcraft Bahama? 8 years 9 months ago #118142

Dave, thank you for your reply! I have footing rubber trim which I see in your post about making windshield, but do you have extras of the (I'm not sure of correct name) corner footings/brackets that I posted pic of? I've got my fingers crossed!

Re:Rub rail for 1968 Starcraft Bahama? 8 years 7 months ago #119713

• Shake
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6

Golden Rule number one; While working in the bilge, absolutely under no circumstances, NO FARTING!!!! Captn Shake aka Joe.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online