• Page:

TOPIC: Whats the easiest way yo upload pics to forum page

Whats the easiest way yo upload pics to forum page 14 years 2 months ago #11687

• Matt
  • Matt's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
what is the easiest way to post pictures on here?
I have window media and player....
i don't want to have to upload, save, crop save and upload if I don't have too.....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Matt in Illinois

I ain't here for a long time, I'm here for a good time !

Re:Whats the easiest way yo upload pics to forum page 14 years 2 months ago #11694

Well - the first thing I do to make it easy is be sure my camera is taking smaller size images. I use a Kodak M340 but all digital cameras have a menu setting that allows you to specify the image size - from gobs of Megapixels to few. My small image is about 340K and that's just fine for this purpose. So that eliminates the need to resize the photo.

I use Google's Picassa Photo Manager. It's a free download. I archive photos of jobs we do and I have well over 100,000 photos in the system. Picassa allows you to put photos into folders - email them - it reduces them in size when you email them so if you have big images you can email them to yourself and then re-save them as small images - all in bulk - it's great and again - it's free!

Once you have the photos in a folder - the Browse function here allows you to find the photo on your system and upload it.

Sadly it's one at a time. You have to upload one - submit the post - hit EDIT - upload another - lather - rinse - repeat.

Or you open a free account at Photobucket.Com and upload your photos there. Then you copy and paste links into your posts. That way you can add multiple photos at once. But it you ever move your photos - say to another Photobucket folder - your image links will all be broken.

Hope this helped

Peter
in Denver
Attachments:

Re:Whats the easiest way yo upload pics to forum page 14 years 2 months ago #11702

• Matt
  • Matt's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Peter:
that did help...I will have to try the setting thing out....
I have an inexpensive camera to use around the garage and will have to try that out....

thanks;

Matt

Matt in Illinois

I ain't here for a long time, I'm here for a good time !
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.170 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 9023 guests and one member online