• Page:

TOPIC: Gull Lake show

Gull Lake show 9 years 1 week ago #115491

• bilnan1
  • bilnan1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 14
This was one of the best shows I have been to,there was a lot of wood,,but I was very impressed with the quality,the docks were sold out for quite a while,,Del had his car aqua and Terry had his fresh Glasspar sedan and I had the Barnes,,I am no Photographer but woody boater did a great job,go and take a look at www.woodyboater.com .these people didn't care if you had wood aluminium or plastic they were glad you came and treated all great,it was a nice dock and restraurant,well organized,great speakers,,a week of activity if you wanted,,we did the museum at Alexandria tour which is something to see,good rare glass,DEls sweptfin,aqua lupe,volksboat glasslipper,and tommy annciatas Heli boat by evinrude,then a lot of history,wood,aluminium fishing stuff,we did the Lee Anderson Boat house fri nite,500 people pre reg only,,cant describe it,,u will see pics at woodyboater,,Nancy caught a 27 in walleye on Tuesday,and I also finally got to meet FROG,fun time Bill
Attachments:
The topic has been locked.

Re:Gull Lake show 9 years 1 week ago #115543

Getting back to the Gull Lake Show, isn't that where we were? Here are some photos of the nice looking glass boats that were there.

Lee

Whoops! gotta go smaller on the photos!

Re:Gull Lake show 9 years 1 week ago #115549

That's a great collection of boats. Looks like a fun event.

Re:Gull Lake show 9 years 1 week ago #115550

• bilnan1
  • bilnan1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 14
the alumacraft is a very rare inboard,1 of 2 and the other one is gone,,it has a crosley,it is owned by Alexandria museum it was on the same dock right in the middle of the main dock,,,Bill

Re:Gull Lake show 9 years 1 week ago #115551

• frog
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
sure was a great show. seen a lot of rare boats . heard the 12 cylinder Allison start up, made every hair on my body stand up. had a good visit with you (bill) and with del. it was well worth the 3/4 mile walk to get into the show. bill thank you for letting me know about it. and thanks for the hat. frog

Re:Gull Lake show 9 years 1 week ago #115552

Maybe a mod can go in and edit the thread crap, so we can just concentrate on this great show. Haven't been there in about 9 years but I watched the CD from that show just the other day. Some of the boats there this year, were there then. The fly by is great.

Re:Gull Lake show 9 years 1 week ago #115555

• Jim L
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
I'm no boat show expert (far from it),but I think the mixture of vintage wood boats with their deep woodgrain finishes and the fiberglass boats with their bright vivid colors really complement each other when shown together.Also IMHO, the different styles make for a far more exciting visual effect. I know they're from different times,but "in my eyes" they just fit together. my cent and a half. jim

Re:Gull Lake show 9 years 1 week ago #115566

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
This thread has been cleaned up due to off-topic subject matter. PLEASE start a separate thread if you have something to say or share on this forum. We all get "off topic" at times, please try to show forum etiquette for the original poster(s).

Thank you very much for sharing pics of the event guys, we do appreciate it! ;)
Mark

Re:Gull Lake show 9 years 1 week ago #115581

Thanks Mark sorry I missed those.

Great post Bill, glad you were able to meet up with Greg finally. Hope to talk at ya tonight.

Bob
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.200 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login