• Page:

TOPIC: 2015 Vessels & Vines...

2015 Vessels & Vines... 9 years 1 month ago #114815

• Eduardo
  • Eduardo's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
...is coming soon, less than a month away. Every year during the Fall season, we usually have events and/or gatherings scheduled and one of them is the Vessels and Vines charity event held in Sacramento, CA. I received an email from the Sacramento Marina, who are hosting the event, this year’s Flyer. The date is for the first Saturday of October, October 3rd. The Golden State Glassics members and their old boats are popular among the public and we as participants have a lot of fun. We’ll be there again this year. Hopefully we will have the same or even better showing then last year.

So if you don’t have any plans on this date and you happen to be in the area, come on out, with or without vessel, and support us and this charity event for the Seascout Girls of Liberty Maritime. Thanks.

www.cityofsacramento.org/Public-Works/SacMarina/Events

Eduardo
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:2015 Vessels & Vines... 9 years 1 month ago #114834

Looking forward to V&V but also looking forward to lunch this Sat. with several guys from the Glasspar Site many are also active here and on GSG. Any idea how many have committed for V&V. Look forward meeting as many folks as possible.
Jack

Re:2015 Vessels & Vines... 9 years 1 month ago #114858

• Eduardo
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
16Again wrote:

Looking forward to V&V but also looking forward to lunch this Sat. with several guys from the Glasspar Site many are also active here and on GSG. Any idea how many have committed for V&V. Look forward meeting as many folks as possible.
Jack

As of today, we have 9 participants; we had 6 last year, so this year should be even better.

Have fun meeting up with the California Glasspar folks this Saturday.

Eduardo

Re:2015 Vessels & Vines... 9 years 4 weeks ago #114957

That's great probably more would be participating if the Tower get together were not the following weekend.

Re:2015 Vessels & Vines... 9 years 1 week ago #115504

• Eduardo
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Charity event is only 4 days away and the weather looks fantastic for the day and evening. This is what I have so far as far as responses from California Golden State Glassics. There could be more vintage fiberglass boats attending the event. It's a nice mix of aluminum, wood, and glass vintage boats. Stop by if you happen to be around Sacramento, CA. At last year's event, I met Roger, Beamer85, from Arkansas. It's going to be fun. More information at the top of this thread if you are thinking about attending.

Mike H, as soon as I get more information on setting up before the event, I'll let you know via message or email here and on GSG. Thanks.

Mike H, ’59 Dorsett Lexington
Jack A, ’59 Glasspar Avalon
George F, ’59 Dorsett Belmont
Gemmel C, ’58 Bell Boy Banshee
Norm W, ’56 Alumacraft FD
Kent G, ’55 Aristocraft Torpedo
Keith U, ‘66 DoPaul
Eduardo N, ’55 Larson Falls Flyer
Jim B, ?

Eduardo & Mercedes

Re:2015 Vessels & Vines... 9 years 1 week ago #115531

I think I'm going to drive up from the San Mateo Peninsula to see it. Depends on my work schedule, but it looks like it should be fun.

Re:2015 Vessels & Vines... 9 years 1 week ago #115536

Sure wish I could be there. We need some events in the Charlotte NC area, for sure.

Re:2015 Vessels & Vines... 9 years 1 week ago #115553

I am looking forward to it!

Re:2015 Vessels & Vines... 9 years 1 week ago #115586

• Eduardo
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
damartinca wrote:

I think I'm going to drive up from the San Mateo Peninsula to see it. Depends on my work schedule, but it looks like it should be fun.

Hope your work schedule will allow you to make it damartinca. And if you do, we look forward to meeting you in person.

Eduardo

Re:2015 Vessels & Vines... 9 years 1 week ago #115587

• Eduardo
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
73Crestliner wrote:

Sure wish I could be there. We need some events in the Charlotte NC area, for sure.

Like last year, I'll make sure I take some pictures to share with all here.

Eduardo

Re:2015 Vessels & Vines... 9 years 1 week ago #115588

• Eduardo
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
HandyAndy wrote:

I am looking forward to it!

Andy, come down to Sacramento for the day or two, spend some time in Old Sacramento, which is less than a mile away, and enjoy the rest of the central town. Then come check us out Saturday afternoon or into the evening. A gentleman is towing his old boat to the event, and staying the weekend in Old Sac. It's going to be a good time.

Eduardo

Re:2015 Vessels & Vines... 9 years 1 week ago #115591

• Eduardo
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
For you Mike H. If you have any questions, you have my email.

From event coordinator:

Greetings everyone and thank you for participating in another year of Vessels & Vines! This night is really all about these girls in this wonderful program, please be sure to say hello when you see them—they were very inspired last year by the turnout!
The weather forecast for this weekend is setting up to be absolutely splendid which always makes for a nice evening and event! Here are a few details for this Sat for those that are new to participating:

• Event time: 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
• Set up time: 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. (if other arrangements need to be made please let me know)
• Break down time: 9:00 p.m.

• There will be wine and beer for sale with all proceeds going directly to Liberty Maritime.
• There will one food vendor selling water, sodas, bbq sandwiches, etc., Catering by Sandra.
• There will be a silent auction with great prizes!
• There will be an ATM machine on site! (cash for wine, beer, food & silent auction)
• We have a great lineup of boats this year with even more participants from the Glassics, Williams Boat Craft, an electric boat, vintage and more! This year, we’ll have a friendly competition for “crowd favorite”!!
• We have a new band playing this year that I’m sure you’ll all love, they are fun and love crowds! J’s House Band
• Keith will be our emcee for the evening which will be a benefit this year so attendees can learn more about the Seascouts. He’ll also announce last bid calls for the auction and when the Seascout girls will be doing their drills during the evening.
• New this year – there will be a nautical “photo booth” in the lounge!

• PARKING – this is huge for this event, so please be mindful of after you get set-up, please drive and park your vehicles in the North Basin area or overflow to leave room for the attendees. There is no extra room inside of the gates to park your vehicles. As you arrive, I will show you where to set up your boats, booths, etc. and you may drive in to drop off your equipment, but then you must go park the vehicles.

• Boats in the Marina – some of you are docking your boats on the water (those of you currently already IN the marina) and you are encouraged and welcome to please dock along the connector dock for attendees to see your boat on the water from the patio!

Again, thank you so much for your participation, you are what makes this night so special!

Kendra Gray
Sacramento Marina

2015 Vessels & Vines... 9 years 2 days ago #115993

• Eduardo
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Another fun gathering here at this year’s Vessels & Vines. I dig these events and hopefully all participants did as well. People seem to enjoy looking at our old boats for sure and we enjoy sharing our stories with them.

Two glassics were already on display when I pulled up. Jim B. with his ’59 Dorsett Farallon and Jack and Lilly’s red and white ’62 Avalon. Keith’s ’66 DoPaul and cool old tow vehicle were already setup next to the Girl’s Sea scouts area. I came in with Sweet Isabel, our ’60 Reinell Jet Flight on a ’58 Tee Nee trailer. My friend Kent, ’55 Aristocraft Torpedo, (worked last minute), and Mike H, ’59 Dorsett Luxury Lexington, wanted to be there but couldn’t make it. I decided then that I would bring a second old boat. George was right behind me with his ’59 Dorsett Belmont Sport. Norm followed with his ’56 Alumacraft FD on a restored ’56 Gator trailer. My wife Mercedes drove up soon after with our ’55 Larson Falls Flyer on a ’57 Tee Nee trailer. Lastly, Gemmel had his ’58 Bell Boy Banshee on a restored ’60 Continental trailer. A cool wooden boat with stainless steel fins, a ’57 Owens per owner, was also on display sitting on a late 50’s cool Tee Nee trailer. I remember seeing an ad on this cool boat; glad to see a fellow Sacramentan bought her.

Though this was only a 4 hour event, time always seem to go by really fast. The people enjoyed the live band, the art show, silent auction, and of course the wine, beer and the food.

Thanks to all GSG members who participated and to Jack and Lilly traveling from Fresno, CA. Also want to thank Scott and Robin, Performer Stiletto owners, for coming by. It was a pleasure talking with you; I’m sure we’ll hook up soon. And lastly, thanks to Andy (HandyAndy)and Bethany for stopping by to say hello. Andy, my wife really enjoyed spending time and talking with Bethany. Hope you enjoyed the rest of the weekend here in Sacramento.

Enjoy the pictures.

Eduardo & Mercedes

Re:2015 Vessels & Vines... 9 years 2 days ago #115994

• Eduardo
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Jack and Lilly's '62 Avalon, acquired here locally in Sacramento. She sure did polish up beautifully.

George's '59 Dorsett Belmont Sport

Jim's '59 Dorsett Farallon

Re:2015 Vessels & Vines... 9 years 2 days ago #115995

• Eduardo
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Norm's '56 Alumacraft FD with side steering and restored '56 Gator trailer model 214

Sweet twin outboard setup, '54 Johnson Seahorse 10 hp motors

My cousin's '58 Bell Boy Banshee

Our Sweet Isabel

Meeting new glassics owners... 9 years 2 days ago #115996

• Eduardo
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Scott & Robin, Performer Stiletto owners
This is Jack from Browns Valley, CA. He has his father's '61 Fabuglass boat bought new. Thanks Jack for sharing your story with us and bringing the original documents for us to see.
A couple from Auburn, CA. Owners of '65 Glasspar Avalon with a '65 Evinrude Lark. This nice couple is looking forward to cruising with us soon on the Delta.
Attachments:

Re:2015 Vessels & Vines... 9 years 2 days ago #115997

• Eduardo
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Finned '57 Owens wooden boat and Tee Nee trailer. Check out these stainless steel fins.

Attachments:

Re:2015 Vessels & Vines... 9 years 2 days ago #116000

• Eduardo
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Last ones, the night shots. Not often do we get to show our old boats at night. I'm no photographer but they I like the look under the lights. Really cool.

Hope you enjoyed the pictures.

Eduardo & Mercedes

Re:2015 Vessels & Vines... 9 years 2 days ago #116009

As always Ed, nice write up and great photos. Wish I could have joined all of you. Maybe later this year.

Bruce

Re:2015 Vessels & Vines... 9 years 20 hours ago #116054

• Eduardo
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Bruce Gerard wrote:

As always Ed, nice write up and great photos. Wish I could have joined all of you. Maybe later this year.

Bruce

Thanks Bruce. I really enjoy this kind of events especially that it's local for me. It's always fun getting together with fellow old boat owners.

People are asking about Fall Glassics Cruise. If the weather is nice, hopefully within 2 to 3 more weeks. we'll play it by ear.

Eduardo

Re:2015 Vessels & Vines... 8 years 11 months ago #116298

• Eduardo
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
One of the more important reasons why we do these types of charity events is because the support goes to a a very good cause. Received this in the mail recently from the Sacramento Marina, and because this is a group effort, wanted to share this message to all participants and their parties.

Eduardo & Mercedes

Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.294 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online