• Page:

TOPIC: banned two strokes

banned two strokes 9 years 1 month ago #114213

• farmerboy
  • farmerboy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
How many lakes in the USA are two stroke motors banned from? I looked up lake Tahoe lake mead and my friend was right no old two strokes allowed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:banned two strokes 9 years 1 month ago #114214

Good question. CA was talking about banning them from all lakes in the state. It didn't happen but it is only a matter of time. Another reason I am retiring to TX.
here is a link to pwc and 2 stroke banned waterways in CA, 2 strokes newer than 2000 seem t be all right.
www.dbw.ca.gov/Environmental/TwoStroke/TSList.aspx
from that list
www.dbw.ca.gov/pdf/ATTENTION_BOATERS_FlierSLRfinal.pdf
www.dbw.ca.gov/PDF/MillertonLakeTSNotice.pdf

Re:banned two strokes 9 years 1 month ago #114239

• farmerboy
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Some interesting reading there. I have never heard of a limit on the number of boats on a lake before. Then again California has as many people living there as our whole country so I could see a lake having to many boats on it. Thanks for the information.

Re:banned two strokes 9 years 1 month ago #114247

• l98tpi
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
What da ya expect? CA is run by a bunch of paddlers.

Boats: 76 Chrysler Conqueror S3, 61 Larson Playmate. Outboards: 76 Chrysler 105, 70 Chrysler 70, 57 Evinrude Bigtwin 35, 80 Johnson 35 looper, 74 Chrysler 45, 67 Mercury 650SS, and others.

Re:banned two strokes 9 years 1 month ago #114254

It won't be long before only Illegal Aliens will be allowed in California!!!

Re:banned two strokes 9 years 1 month ago #114264

si

Re:banned two strokes 9 years 1 month ago #114271

• farmerboy
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Arizona looks to have some of the same style rules.

Re:banned two strokes 9 years 1 month ago #114289

That's what they get for electing tofu farting fairies. I am completely apathetic, when it comes to California's woes. They are the ones to blame for what it is today.

Frederic
Retired Army Guy
1969 OMC Evinrude Rogue II 210
163 original hours

Re:banned two strokes 9 years 1 month ago #114291

• Nautilus
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 58
Well, there's still the San Andreas fault to consider. Two strokes might end up being the transportation of choice in California...to get to Nevada.

Mentor to the unenlightened!

"Never allow logic to interfere with a boat purchase." - J. S. Hadley
"Vintage quality beats new junk every time." - J. S. Hadley
"Anything supposed to do two things does both of them half-assed." - J. S. Hadley
"Success makes...

Re:banned two strokes 9 years 1 month ago #114337

Commifornia is the term. Around 2000 the tree huggers etc. decided they were going to ban all 2 strokes by 2006, not just outboards but leaf blowers, chainsaws etc. For once people through a hissy fit. Still a few real people there ( not ME ) The final outcome was only bodies of water that are primary drinking water source's, could be made non- two stroke. That is a long procedure too.
Lake Tahoe of course, was the first. Over 90 % of the lakes are still o k with no change in sight.

Re:banned two strokes 9 years 1 month ago #114341

Maybe President Trump can fix California... lol

Re:banned two strokes 9 years 1 month ago #114436

Two stroke pwc's are banned on Lake Mead, but not outboards.
I'm still running a 1970 Chrysler two stroke on the old gal, primarily on Lake Mead. pic attached.
glenn
Attachments:

Re:banned two strokes 9 years 1 month ago #114454

• farmerboy
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
I must have read it wrong. Thanks for posting this about lake mead

Re:banned two strokes 9 years 1 month ago #114456

Lake Whatcom here is Washington State bans 2-strokes, except for the E-Tec type. www.codepublishing.com/wa/whatcomcounty/html/Whatco11/Whatco1132.html

As far as I know, that is the only lake in WA that bans 'em.

Pete

Re:banned two strokes 9 years 1 month ago #114462

Maybe it is time to start collecting old Homelite 4 stroke cowlings, and fit them to the 2-stroke O/Bz. You could then blame the smoke on bad rings or valve guides, etc. :-)
Doc

Re:banned two strokes 9 years 1 month ago #114472

Good Call DOC!!!!!

Bob

Re:banned two strokes 9 years 1 month ago #114491

• farmerboy
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
The scary thing is that is a lake or two in a few different states gets banned it might not be that long before it is universal. After that happens down there a couple of years will go by and it will happen up here in Canada as well.

Re:banned two strokes 9 years 1 month ago #114492

While we're at it, how about we go back to the non-emission equipped, gas pig cars and trucks from the late 50s, 60s and 70s.

Lake Tahoe is a beautiful place, I like that someone gives enough of a carp to try and keep it that way.

IMO, anyone that thinks the ban of 2strokes in California (or anywhere else) is malicious or a commi conspiracy should take the time and effort to find a way to make their opinion known in a manner that gains support and effects change. Which is what those that proposed the ban did.

I dont see it as that much different (or any worse) then a ban of pwc or outboards of over 10 or 15hp on some lakes.

I'd like to have access to clean water to drink, plus a place to boat and fish for the rest of my life, if I had kids, for their lives and the lives of their kids too...

How many that complain about a 2stroke ban have done the unburned fuel/oil recovery mod on their 2strokes? Recovers wasted mix, so you spend a little less and it keeps it out of the water.

Re:banned two strokes 9 years 1 month ago #114496

Interesting and doesn't look too difficult.

www.duckworksmagazine.com/06/columns/rob/maib1.htm

Re:banned two strokes 9 years 1 month ago #114508

jbcurt00 wrote:

While we're at it, how about we go back to the non-emission equipped, gas pig cars and trucks from the late 50s, 60s and 70s.

Lake Tahoe is a beautiful place, I like that someone gives enough of a carp to try and keep it that way.

IMO, anyone that thinks the ban of 2strokes in California (or anywhere else) is malicious or a commi conspiracy should take the time and effort to find a way to make their opinion known in a manner that gains support and effects change. Which is what those that proposed the ban did.

I dont see it as that much different (or any worse) then a ban of pwc or outboards of over 10 or 15hp on some lakes.

I'd like to have access to clean water to drink, plus a place to boat and fish for the rest of my life, if I had kids, for their lives and the lives of their kids too...

How many that complain about a 2stroke ban have done the unburned fuel/oil recovery mod on their 2strokes? Recovers wasted mix, so you spend a little less and it keeps it out of the water.

Pretty sure that a few vintage motors are not going to kill the lake. I would suspect that most users are using 4 strokes or Etecs anyway. The recovery mod is an excellent way to keep unburnt fuel from wasting out the exhaust and I strongly endorse it's use along with healthy lower unit seals but usually there is more to the story. But what do I know.

Re:banned two strokes 9 years 1 month ago #114656

• l98tpi
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Love the Chizzler. :)

What do they do to enforce the ban? Wait for tree hugging busy bodies to turn people with smokey engines in? Just run Outboard 100 and no one will notice. :)

Boats: 76 Chrysler Conqueror S3, 61 Larson Playmate. Outboards: 76 Chrysler 105, 70 Chrysler 70, 57 Evinrude Bigtwin 35, 80 Johnson 35 looper, 74 Chrysler 45, 67 Mercury 650SS, and others.

Re:banned two strokes 9 years 1 month ago #114658

When I use Amsoil Saber 100:1 there is practally no smoke operating my RDS-25. And Bou Coup mucho less in the test tank

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.255 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online