• Page:

TOPIC: pulling the plug

pulling the plug 9 years 2 months ago #113857

• frog
  • frog's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
I am getting rid of everything I got. my back is going to pot and I have no extra energy at the end of the day to even think of doing anything. but enough of my problems. I have 2 free boats, and 4 trailers for sale. and a couple of motors. some fuel tanks. a real nice duo trihull on a nice roller bunk trailer with a 40 hp evinrude. i'll put an ad on glassifieds later. you must pick up at my place, in aitkin mn. for more info email me at, This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. thanks frog

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:pulling the plug 9 years 2 months ago #113858

No, you are not allowed !
As the song goes, "You can checkout any time you'd like, But you can never leave"

Before you get rid of everything ? Reconsider, by keeping your favorite ! Just in case you have a change of heart down the road ?

Re:pulling the plug 9 years 2 months ago #113859

No No, say it isn't so!!!!!!!! Chuck's right Hotel California baby. ;) I also agree, keep the best ,most favorite one just in case. you can always unload it later if you really do decide to pull the plug.

Motors you say???? Unfortunately your too far from me at this point.

bob

Re:pulling the plug 9 years 2 months ago #113861

good grief !!!!!!!!!!!

Re:pulling the plug 9 years 2 months ago #113862

i hear ya gregg, this isn't a old mans hobby. i been pondering the same thing. i am afraid to launch my boat because i can't step up from the seat 18-24" to the dock, without somethin to grab onto, and theres nuthin there. until i sell it i'll just keep bringin it to shows. i still enjoy that. ron

Re:pulling the plug 9 years 2 months ago #113863

• Nautilus
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 58
Greg, I gotta tell you that your idea sucks! I have a better one: Keep the tri-hull, motor and trailer. Sell off the rest to buy gas and beer. Remember the wise old saying, "Git your mind right and your ass will follow." Let's all drink to that, shall we? Here's lookin' at you, Greg!

Attachments:

Mentor to the unenlightened!

"Never allow logic to interfere with a boat purchase." - J. S. Hadley
"Vintage quality beats new junk every time." - J. S. Hadley
"Anything supposed to do two things does both of them half-assed." - J. S. Hadley
"Success makes...

Re:pulling the plug 9 years 1 month ago #113872

Nice Jan!!!!!

Bob

Re:pulling the plug 9 years 1 month ago #113876

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
Noooooo! Keep the biggist most comfortable one to putz with. I'm heading in your direction tomorrow morning, sister'brother-in-law just north of Virginia at Hartley Lake. Spending a week there.
There isn't a boat that I do when I keep telling myself it's the last one. You have an incurable disease, besides who would want those old junkers, you'd have to pay someone to haul 'em away.
This POS I picked up a few years ago kept me going over winter and I would lay a board or two every few weeks just to keep the fever down along with some 'squeezins'.

Don't know your age but I'm on the short end of 70, chronic hearing loss, bad knees, two heart attacks, last month dislocated shoulder, bad back and arthritis, probably a few screws loose in the head too. Ya just can't roll over and quit. Where would I get another name for a boat???
Attachments:

Re:pulling the plug 9 years 1 month ago #114114

I've had feeling the same lately. But I have to move on. I only got my boat wet once this year and that was to take my Grandson for a ride. The weather sucked this year and water was high. Crooked Creek Lake was high so long it killed the foliage high onto the bank. My partner died and I find it hard to look at the boat. But I'm trying to get back into it. I have a new dog also. :(

Re:pulling the plug 9 years 1 month ago #114120

i had a feeling you were down in the dumps rob,i even called gibby. hopefully the new pooch will enjoy the water and resurrect you. when i lost my shephard it took quite awhile to get right. couldn't get another dog though, can't go thru that again.

Re:pulling the plug 9 years 1 month ago #114122

• VinTin
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
You older guys feeling down in the dumps because of low physical ability ought to befriend a young man to pass your knowledge of boats and motors on to. Maybe even some of your actual boats and motors. I'm 59 and often cruise alone and would gladly take an older gentleman along for a boat ride as often as they liked. It would be my pleasure.

Re:pulling the plug 9 years 1 month ago #114124

VinTinFan,
You are dead on !
My father in law gave up boating because of age.
I know if I had a boat in the water near him and asked if he wanted to go for a spin ? I'm sure he'd be on board before me !!!

Re:pulling the plug 9 years 1 month ago #114135

• frog
  • frog's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Robert, I feel for you with the loss of your dog. 2 years ago I had to have my 17 year old lab (Sammy) put down. when it was time she looked at me and I believe she said thanks. And yes I can not even think of going thru that again. As for my boats I have had a few replies but no takers yet. I have not gotten rid of anything yet, but will keep trying. and with all the lakes we have got up here, there just are too many boats and trailers , hardly any collectable. they all want newer style and the younger crowd wants a big radio, and a fart can on the back of there import cars. they are not interested in old boats, take care, frog

Re:pulling the plug 9 years 1 month ago #114139

There is more to it than that. We are having neighbor trouble since spring. Neighbor wanted a right of way through my property and I won't give it to him. He then claimed two feet of my property was his. He put up a fence and was walking all over the edge of my property trying to get me to fight with him. I kept our lawyer informed of his antics and he advised leaving him hang himself.He has done that, he assaulted one of my family in our yard. Damages are now being added up. He paid for a survey on the property line and found out he is already over the line. The shit has yet to hit the fan.
This is also the site of the assault on the inside of the pipe fence at the corner. If you notice a marker on the blacktop. That is a marker for the property line survey he paid for. I can't go into details but someone is in for some serious legal troubles. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
Attachments:

Re:pulling the plug 9 years 1 month ago #114143

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
Atta boy Robert.

Re:pulling the plug 9 years 1 month ago #114146

Lol he should have done the survey before the fence was built.

Re:pulling the plug 9 years 1 month ago #114147

guess i'm lucky. my new neighbor asked if he could replace the old wood fence i put up 25 yrs ago. i was expecting to pay for half of it, but he never asked. its also 8" in on his property line. when i saw the guys putting it up in the same holes, i wondered why because he had a survey done. someday i'm going to ask him. ron

Re:pulling the plug 9 years 1 month ago #114148

Frog sell off the common stuff and keep one good classic to use on the local lakes. ive got my 1960 span amreica and 59 Johnson super quiet. we pull it out of the barn in late july and git it redy for the vacation. the first week in aug. and the second week in aug its back in the barn. but for one week a year aim 20yr old again. keep that favorite boat if you can. Bob

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.276 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online