Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Evinrude Rogue Battery Size

Evinrude Rogue Battery Size 9 years 2 months ago #113228

I posted this over in the Sterndrive section, but there never seems to be much traffic over there, so I'm posting it here, in the hopes that someone knowledgeable can help.

I have looked through every single piece of original literature I have...Owner's Manual, Parts Manual, Service Manual...and there isn't a single mention of the size of the battery. The Rogue II has an indentation in the floor, so that the battery will fit snugly and not bounce around.

Off the top of anyone's head, do you know what Group battery I'm supposed to use for the 1969 Evinrude Rogue II? The battery that's in it now is too big. Since the boat is still in Texas, I don't know what Group battery is in it now.

Thanks for the help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Frederic
Retired Army Guy
1969 OMC Evinrude Rogue II 210
163 original hours

Re:Evinrude Rogue Battery Size 9 years 2 months ago #113264

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
Frederic, that one's not easy. Here's a link on battery size but it's not much help. I would guess it should be close to the size of a regular 12 volt car battery. Marine/RV starting batteries are pretty generic in size unless you get deep cycle which are somewhat larger. Don't know about Texas but Wisconsin requires that the battery be enclosed and tied/strapped down or strapped down with terminal protectors to prevent inadvertent shorting of the terminals that would create a spark or fire. The only real difference I've seen in batteries is where the posts are located ie. side, top. Marine batts have the lugs for both cable clamps and wing nuts.
www.dimensionsinfo.com/sizes-of-car-batteries/

Re:Evinrude Rogue Battery Size 9 years 2 months ago #113296

Thanks, Cal. When I bring the boat back from Texas, I'll measure the indentation and go from there. The original tie-downs are still there, but the current battery is just too big for that space.

Frederic
Retired Army Guy
1969 OMC Evinrude Rogue II 210
163 original hours

Re:Evinrude Rogue Battery Size 9 years 2 months ago #113340

So long as it is around 700 ampere it will work - just need to measure the space for it.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.284 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online