Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Glastron Logo Embossed/Debossesd Into Seat Fabric

Glastron Logo Embossed/Debossesd Into Seat Fabric 9 years 3 months ago #112228

RF Works Corp. will make molds of the vintage Glastron Logo for approx. $250 - $300 per Ryan at RF Works. Thereafter, they will charge $10 per imprint.

So for a 1959 Fireflite like mine - there are 8 logos in the two seats and two seat backs.

My question to y'all. If we pool our resources to have them make the mold - we can each get seat fabric to look original. SO, any of you vintage Glastron owners - let me know if you want to share in this project? If we get 10 volunteers - the cost will be minimal.

Let me know. Thanks
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Glastron Logo Embossed/Debossesd Into Seat Fabric 9 years 3 months ago #112276

I'm in. What size panels are they making?

Did they have to logos on the seats or just tha backs? I thought it was back only?

Todd (aka thetudor)
1964 Custom Craft Aqua Ray
1959 Glastron Seaflite
1959 Tomahawk Spirit

Re:Glastron Logo Embossed/Debossesd Into Seat Fabric 9 years 3 months ago #112278

I have old dried out torn seats and they have logo on backs and seats. So that's 8 total. I will try to download a picture for you.

I think I can cut out the existing logo and send it to RF Works so they will have an exact size and model.

Great to have you on board. Let's see how many others we can include but for now with two of us - we just cut the cost of the molds in half.

I'll keep you posted as I (hopefully) hear from others
Attachments:

Re:Glastron Logo Embossed/Debossesd Into Seat Fabric 9 years 3 months ago #112279

BTW - The pic is not my boat - I found these on net to show how they should look - my boat is red & white

Re:Glastron Logo Embossed/Debossesd Into Seat Fabric 9 years 3 months ago #112281

I'll need 8 panels as well. I measured mine and they need to be around 26" x 15". Is that what you are figuring? You might also want to post this on the Class Glastron page.

Todd (aka thetudor)
1964 Custom Craft Aqua Ray
1959 Glastron Seaflite
1959 Tomahawk Spirit

Re:Glastron Logo Embossed/Debossesd Into Seat Fabric 9 years 3 months ago #112283

I haven't measured mine yet - will do so and will post as you suggested - good idea

Re:Glastron Logo Embossed/Debossesd Into Seat Fabric 9 years 3 months ago #112284

I just got another volunteer who is a restorer in California - so we are moving forward

Re:Glastron Logo Embossed/Debossesd Into Seat Fabric 9 years 3 months ago #112303

I looked into the embossing when I did my seats (mine are the ones in your pics). All the vinyl is embossed, not just the logos. I decided to go with stitching because the spacing is different from the white to the colored vinyl, which makes set up costs prohibitive. The silver piping is from 56 chev that I got from SMS auto fabrics. ( It's very difficult to work with)

Good luck !

Cheers

Bill
Attachments:

Re:Glastron Logo Embossed/Debossesd Into Seat Fabric 9 years 3 months ago #112410

Hi Bill

I'm confused. Did you mean that you stitched the borders of the "squares"? The picture appears to show these squares are debossed with indented lines as original with Glastron.

Or are you referring to the "striped" colored backs of the pieces?

I'm working with an auto upholsterer who says he can duplicate the originals, including the lines etc. for about $650 including materials. The only thing he can't include are the logos, which is why I sought out the RF Corp for their input.
Attachments:

Re:Glastron Logo Embossed/Debossesd Into Seat Fabric 9 years 3 months ago #112411

One more old Glastron Seat View
Attachments:

Re:Glastron Logo Embossed/Debossesd Into Seat Fabric 9 years 3 months ago #112440

Sorry, the blue seats are mine & all stitched. The red seat is just a good example of original (not mine).
$650 seems really cheap, is he using marine grade materials? Big difference!

Cheers

Bill

Re:Glastron Logo Embossed/Debossesd Into Seat Fabric 9 years 3 months ago #112441

Supposed to be marine grade - but I'll double check

Thanks

Rick

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.206 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online