Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1958 Seaflite - Attwood Brass and Glastron

1958 Seaflite - Attwood Brass and Glastron 9 years 3 months ago #112178

I'm not a boat expert though I'm working on a research project that is looking into Atwood Brass works Seaflite boat hardware (as pictured in the links from the Fiberglassics Library)

boat hardware

One of the main questions we have is if this line of hardware was produced especially for or somehow related to Glastron's 1958/59 Seaflite and Seaflite Seville.

We're also looking for originals and/or high res versions of the Atwood Seaflite Riviera brochure (also in your library) as well as original magazine advertisements for the 1958 or 1959 Glastron Seaflite boats, if any one has any leads on that.

Any insights would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: 1958 Seaflite - Attwood Brass and Glastron 9 years 3 months ago #112193

ejm777,

WELCOME ABOARD.

Someone here will likely KNOW you answer but that person isn't me.

yours, satx

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re: 1958 Seaflite - Attwood Brass and Glastron 9 years 3 months ago #112198

ejm777,

Interesting project. I have a 1959 Seaflite that I am restoring. To my knowledge, the hardware is original. The bow light is a Sparton. I have seen the same light on pictures of other boat and believe that it was common to use on these. The stern light may be an Attwood Seaflite. The remainder of the deck hardware is Attwood but i'm not sure if it is Seaflite or not. To my knowledge, there is no correlation (at least none I have found) between the Attwood and the Glastron Seaflites.

I do have an original ad for the 59 Glastron Seaflite. I would be willing to send you a scan of it if you like.

I would also be interested in what you ultimately find out.

Todd

Todd (aka thetudor)
1964 Custom Craft Aqua Ray
1959 Glastron Seaflite
1959 Tomahawk Spirit

Re: 1958 Seaflite - Attwood Brass and Glastron 9 years 3 months ago #112199

Thanks so much for responding! This is helpful information. It would be wonderful if you could send a scan or picture of the ad if that's possible!

- Emily

Re:1958 Seaflite - Attwood Brass and Glastron 9 years 3 months ago #112207

I highly doubt that the Attwood hardware model name Seaflight had anything to do with the Glastron boat model of the same name. Just a common "nautical" word.

Many things marine related used words such as "aqua" and "sea". Many boat manufacturers used the same model names.

Andreas

Re:1958 Seaflite - Attwood Brass and Glastron 9 years 3 months ago #112227

Emily,

Send me your email address and I can send you a JPEG. The ad actually covers all of the 59 models. You also might want to try ClassicGlastron.com. They have a lot of information.

Todd

Todd (aka thetudor)
1964 Custom Craft Aqua Ray
1959 Glastron Seaflite
1959 Tomahawk Spirit

Re:1958 Seaflite - Attwood Brass and Glastron 9 years 3 months ago #112229

There was a close working relationship between Glastron and Attwood Brass Works for many years, but no, the SeaFlite name was not a part of the relationship. I believe that Attwood first used the SeaFlite brand in 1956 or 1957 with their steering wheel design. Attwood later produced the "branded" deck hardware for Glastron. That's what Bob Hammond told me a number of years ago. A remarkable man with remarkable achievements.

Lee Wangstad

Re:1958 Seaflite - Attwood Brass and Glastron 9 years 3 months ago #112291

Thank you all for sharing what you know! It's much appreciated to be getting this information

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online