Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: morse controls not engaging

morse controls not engaging 9 years 3 months ago #111972

Good morning all! In need of a lil help again. The 1962 I/O was having trouble last night with going into NEUTRAL. Since its manual to lift it can be a tedious task in the water. This morning put her in the water and put the prop down when we got out far enough. Now the controls just freely move. Wont engage. Sort of engages in reverse but not clicking in to forward. Any thoughts? Out on the lake now luckily we have a trolling motor. But id really like to get her going. Did i mention shes locked into gear right now??? So cant bring up the prop until i get her back into nuetral.

Thanks again for all your help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

It's not what life does to you, its what you do with your life!

Re: morse controls not engaging 9 years 3 months ago #111979

Check the rings that lock the cable down on the mount. Mine have come loose before.

Re: morse controls not engaging 9 years 3 months ago #111996

Weve had this boat for about a month and still learning about it. The previos owner had a 0lastic cover over the back controls. I took that off and now i know why. Its totally cracked and falling apart. I did get it working and got back to shore. But it feels like its not engaging on the prop. My spouse got down there and manually pushed it into gear. Worked fine. I may need to buy new controls. Anyone have any ideas on where to find them? Or how to replace?
Attachments:

It's not what life does to you, its what you do with your life!

Re:morse controls not engaging 9 years 3 months ago #112012

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
I would get in touch with Joe at www.fergusonpoolemarine.com . The man is a magician at finding elusive vintage parts of all sorts.

Mark
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.166 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle