Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Looking for my next project

Looking for my next project 9 years 3 months ago #111893

I'm almost done with my alumacraft queen merrie/mercury mark 78 project. Now I'm looking for my next project boat which will be glass. I'd like something light weight, a cuddy cabin boat. 2000 lbs or less total package. Drive type doesn't matter. Other option is a complete whaler resto. I might not start the project right away as I also have a 1981 jeep cj8 project in the works. However my tow rating might go up when that's done. Anyone have any suggestions?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Looking for my next project 9 years 3 months ago #111907

I think for the cost and the looks a Glasspar Delmar is the way to go. They are relatively common and sounds like it will serve your purpose.

Plus they look cool and classic as hell.
Tyson

Re:Looking for my next project 9 years 3 months ago #111925

Not a huge fan of how it tapers from the top to the transom like that. Did anyone ever make a 14-16' cuddy?

Re:Looking for my next project 9 years 3 months ago #111928

The Delmar is about the smallest day cruiser that I can think of, but there might be others that I don't know about. Glasspar did redesign the Delmar in later years you might like that one. I do have a Bell Boy express that is a 16 footer but they are hard to come by. If you want to go to a 17 footer there are loads of options and most of them are quit light weight actually if that is one of your concerns. (less than 1000 lbs)

Here is a brochure for a 1962 Delmar classicglasspars.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=102:1962-delmar&catid=83&Itemid=290

Re:Looking for my next project 9 years 3 months ago #111934

Weight is my main concern. I'm towing with a 4 banger ranger. My current boat is around 1500 total weight with battery, motor, fuel and trailer. I'd like to stay around or less than that weight. That boat is an 18' alumacraft queen merrie with a merc mark 78a that's going for its first test run tomorrow. I'm in the mood for a cuddy unless I can find a hard top for my queen.

Re:Looking for my next project 9 years 3 months ago #111936

There is a Dorset in the classifieds that I'd be all over if it wasn't 2500+ miles away

Re:Looking for my next project 9 years 3 months ago #111937

Well, if you want a 62 aristocraft funliner, trailer, hard top, soft top (not original made by previous owner) and a bunch of other stuff, give me a shout. All is in rough condition, but I believe it is all there. It is at my friends house so I'd have to see what condition it is in, but I have LOTS of extra parts as I had 2 and had to junk one. Not a cuddy, but light!

Re:Looking for my next project 9 years 3 months ago #111938

Were there any lighter cuddy boats with v8 power plants? Or was that reserved for big tandem axle trailered boats? Anything with a ford 300?

Re:Looking for my next project 9 years 3 months ago #111941

• DaveM
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Glasspar Seafair Sedan, pre-67. Classic design, plenty around, easy to work on. Specs are 17.5', 950 lbs + engine and/or drive. With a 300 lb O/B and appropriate trailer, total 1700lbs?

Re:Looking for my next project 9 years 3 months ago #111965

There is a free seafair near me but it has no trailer and the whole transom is cut out. But I guess having that gone already is a plus. I think it's a 59

Re:Looking for my next project 9 years 3 months ago #112016

I can think of a few aluminum light weight cuddy cabin models - the Lone Star El Dorado, Duratech Commanche, and Feather Craft Islander Express. The Feather Craft has an aluminum hull with a fiberglass cabin
Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.324 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online