Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: New to forum and new to renovating

New to forum and new to renovating 9 years 3 months ago #111321

Hello folks, my name is Daniel from Alabama. I recently purchased a 1960 NorrisCraft boat with a 64 Johnson Super seahorse from a fellow that just had it sitting in his yard. I have always wanted to do a restoration to some sort of vehicle, primarily a truck but.., and this opportunity came along so I changed my tune to a boat. I have mainly fished from boats and haven't spent any real amount of time in a runabout, but my initial inspection shows the fiberglass is really solid for a boat that has probably sat in the weather under trees for a long time. I'll post some pics both before, during and after as this goes along and with children this project will probably make it's rebirthed maiden voyage in 2016.

My intentions are to clean it, fix any structural issues (which are not many that I can see initially), paint it, add interior seats, possibly a radio, get the motor running, etc. I'm not concerned about original restoration but more about functionality and uniqueness.

I look forward to this project and hope that this site can help with my journey.

My first question is where can someone get any info on this model of boat? I have searched about all of google and found maybe 4 or 5 successful results. Are they just rare or just not a quality boat or what?

Thanks
Daniel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:New to forum and new to renovating 9 years 3 months ago #111343

Welcome to the group. I'm fairly new here myself and the forum has already proven to be a great resource with a lot of helpful members.

Re:New to forum and new to renovating 9 years 3 months ago #111348

• Nautilus
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 58
Here's a link to the information in the Fiberglassics library: www.fiberglassics.com/library/Norris_Craft

Mentor to the unenlightened!

"Never allow logic to interfere with a boat purchase." - J. S. Hadley
"Vintage quality beats new junk every time." - J. S. Hadley
"Anything supposed to do two things does both of them half-assed." - J. S. Hadley
"Success makes...
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.256 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle