• Page:

TOPIC: Boat House Find

Boat House Find 9 years 4 months ago #110975

• headley
  • headley's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I was invited to a boathouse to see a drag boat. I loved the boat, but saw something much more appealing to me in there. The Drag Boat was a beautiful Jones designed Starflight with a gigantic V-8. It has been meticulously taken care of but not exercised nearly enough.
On the wall next to it I noticed a little home-made punkin' seed. This was a 2 point hydroplane built in Junior High School by my host. It had been sitting for 45 years.
I had been looking for something for the kids...well, I have other reasons too. I have a 1956 Mark 25 that is just sitting. I know it would be happier running up and down the lake. I was looking for an 8 foot hydro for restoration.
After a little cajoling I talked Vern into letting me restore it for him. I love a project and this was going to be fun to bring back to life. It will also be fun to watch the kids discover the love of vintage motors and boating.
This kills two bird with one stone. I get to restore another boat and I do not have the burden of ownership. My wife will be happy too!
Oh, it turns out he has a Super 10 with a Quicksilver lower end buried somewhere. This could be a beautiful relationship.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Boat House Find 9 years 4 months ago #110989

Cool find! I picked up a 60's 2 point hydroplane about a week ago with a 1950 Wizard WF-7. Yours will be a fun restoration, and the Super 10 will be sweet to get running again. Hope to see more pictures soon.

1960 14' Speed Queen
1972 10' Tri-Cat 3
[Building] 10' Glen-L Squirt

Re:Boat House Find 9 years 4 months ago #110997

cool.. cant wait to see pictures of the restore...
i had a 3 point hydo years ago with a KG7 on it.. it was lots of fun for a 14yr old.. i still have the motor.. but sadly the boat is gone..i have the plans my dad built it from around here somewhere.. and always wanted to build another.. but i'm a little to big to ride in one that small now...

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.196 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online