• Page:

TOPIC: Small Fiberglassics World Indeed

Small Fiberglassics World Indeed 9 years 4 months ago #110385

• Eduardo
  • Eduardo's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
A couple Sundays, I attended my very first AOMCI meet, which was held at Rollins Lake in a town of Grass Valley, CA about 60 miles north of Sacramento, CA. My friend asked me to go along with him so I did. Wasn’t a big gathering but the ones that were there were all very nice and had great conversations. As I was talking to one gentleman, a very young man came up and introduced himself as Andy. “Nice to meet you. My name is Eddie,” I told him. Then I saw the Fiberglassics (FG) shirt he was wearing and asked if he was a member of FG. He said, “I am.” Then I said, “I am too. So what’s your code name on FG?” He replied, “HandyAndy and you must be Eduardo.” My reaction was like no way. “What are you doing in these parts of the country?” I asked. I’m thinking isn’t he from the Midwest area somewhere? Andy moved to California 6 months ago. Andy introduced me to his wife and we ended up talking a bit. It was pretty cool to meet someone even further east from FG. I wanted to buy a couple of brochures and catalogs he had in his for sale pile and Andy said to take them all if you want them, a whole folder of more catalogs and brochures. I’ll pay it forward and offer the others to whoever wants them here. Andy is a super nice guy and his wife too. What a pleasant surprise to meet a Midwest FG person just like when I met Roger (Beamer85) from Arkansas last fall at a local Sacramento boat show. It’s a small Fiberglassics world indeed.

This is a '52 design boat he built from scratch in '99.

I like this rolling cart this gengleman made to transport and display his motors. Rolls all the way back so that you can display the motors upright right at the end of the tailgate.

The owner of this Whirlwind has owned this classic wooden boat since the mid 60s.

Meeting HandyAndy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Small Fiberglassics World Indeed 9 years 4 months ago #110388

very cool!

Andreas

Re:Small Fiberglassics World Indeed 9 years 4 months ago #110596

Yes, it was great to meet you Eduardo. I hope to go to the Whiskytown Golden State Glassics meet too. This AOMCI meet was a very small little get-together, but turned out with some neat boats and motors including this Aluma Craft:

Attachments:

Re:Small Fiberglassics World Indeed 9 years 4 months ago #110597

• Robby321
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 10
HA! My brother lives on Lake Wildwood!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.179 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online