Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: first boat

first boat 9 years 4 months ago #110271

New here, I picked up my first boat about a month ago. It's a 1967 cobia, for it for a good price previous owner has it on the water last year then upgraded and took out the outboard and controls. He replaced the floor last year also so it has a nice solid floor. Hull is almost perfect no scratches cracks or anything. I worked a deal on Craigslist for a 115 mercury with all the controls. So far I have only hooked up the steering. Haven't hooked up throttle yet because the met control needs a key. What's the best way going about getting one? Also I can't seem to find much information on my cobia boat, does anyone have any info on this model?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:first boat 9 years 4 months ago #110272

Here she is

Re:first boat 9 years 4 months ago #110273

Can't seem to upload pictures what's the best way of doing this

Re:first boat 9 years 4 months ago #110274

[img]http://content://media/external/file/2715

Re: first boat 9 years 4 months ago #110277

spg0511,

WELCOME ABOARD.

SORRY, but you can write everything that I know about Cobia Boats in a matchbook with a grease pencil BUT I'd bet that one of our EXPERTS will know.

yours, satx

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re:first boat 9 years 4 months ago #110279

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
First off welcome aboard. Have you visited the Glassic Library yet, there's some info on Cobia boats in there;
www.fiberglassics.com/library/Cobia

Here's a link to help with posting your pics, we'd really like to see your project boat there;
www.fiberglassics.com/fiberglassics-forums/home/support/how-to-post-pictures

Look on your ignition switch (in the control box) and see if there is a number stamped into the switch. I'm not positive that Merc did it, but some manufacturers put a code on the switch to tell dealers which key fit it.

Mark

Re:first boat 9 years 4 months ago #110285

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
Ditto on what Mark said. Welcome. We're here to help....someone in the govt said that once :laugh:

Easy way to post pics is hit the "browse" (img), find your picture you want to post in your files, open that picture and it will automatically transfer to the browse box. Most pictures will not post if they are sized too large. I usually keep mine at 1000 pixels or less. If you get desperate to to run your (new) motor you can jump the switch from the back. Sorta like boosting a car, if ya know what I mean :dry:
Attachments:

Re:first boat 9 years 4 months ago #110297

now here she is the day i brought her home

and here is the donor boat i got the outboard and controls from

and here is the tower of power thats going to be powering my boat. I have all the covers and what not for it. was an interesting day removing all the controls and outboard as i have never even worked on a boat before. the old man i got it all from basically gave it to me for an old utility trailer i had. the old man had a casted broken arm but we managed to get this outboard off and into the back of my durango by hand, no need for a lift here ;) funny story is the guy i bought the boat from ended up being the same guy who sold me my first car years ago, such a small world.
Attachments:

Re:first boat 9 years 4 months ago #110355

So it's been raining here day and night for the last couple of weeks and the front area in front of the windshield idk what you call it the front little cargo area is full to the top with water. Obviously there is no drain hole there how should I go about draining it? Should I drill a little drain hole in that area?

Re:first boat 9 years 4 months ago #110369

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
The front of a boat is called the bow. Pronounced like a dog bark, bow-wow.

How did you park the boat/trailer? If there is some way you can get your SUV jack, the one used for changing tires, under the tongue of the trailer you can jack up the trailer front and the boat will tip backwards so the water will drain towards the aft (back) and drain out. Put some type of block in front and back of the trailer wheels so it won't roll and when you get it jacked up put some type of support under the trailer tongue to hold it up. Car jacks are not that stable. Just don't put yourself in a position where you can get injured if something slips. You don't have to raise it real high, just a little at a time to get the water flowing.
Hope this works for you.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.310 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online