Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Tomahawk model #s and serial #s

Tomahawk model #s and serial #s 9 years 4 months ago #110211

Does anyone have info on Tomahawk model and serial numbers, or is there any interest in putting together a small database? I'm not sure what year my SkiMate is, but the model # is 1566, the serial # is 1179, and it's rated for 65 hp. I noticed in the 1958 SkiMate ad in the library that the model # is 1564, and it's rated for 20-60 hp. I would like yo put together a database if others have numbers and info to contribute.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Tomahawk model #s and serial #s 9 years 4 months ago #110212

Just realized that the 57-60 Model List in the library has model #s. Oops!

Re: Tomahawk model #s and serial #s 9 years 4 months ago #110627

Thanks to the advertisements and other info in the Fiberglassics Library, I was able to start putting together a spread sheet of model numbers. The model numbering for 1957-59 was pretty simple, just a G (presumably for glass) followed by a four digit number representing length & beam. So the Playmate was a G1046, being 10' long with a 46" beam. Sea Shark G1880S and Sea Mate G1880 were the same boat except for open deck versus full rear seating.
In either 1960 or 61 numbering switched to just T and a 3 digit model number that doesn't seem to relate to anything specific.
Based on the advertising I've been able to determine that my SkiMate G1566 can only be a 59 or 60 since 58 had a 64" beam (G1564), and by 61 they were using the T series model numbers.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.159 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online