Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1960s Alumacraft Alpex Sea Aira question

1960s Alumacraft Alpex Sea Aira question 9 years 4 months ago #110075

Hi I'm new to the hole boating thing and especially classics. I picked up a 1960s Alpex Sea Air a for free. I don't know much about them so I'm just looking for a general consensus about the boat. The hull seems to be in decent shape no major chips or cracks. The floor sees solid. Has a 4cyl Volvo Penta inboard engine with a Chrysler outdrive. Not sure if it runs or how to test run on the trailer. The bad no interior seats but looks like most of the trim is there. Is it worth repairing this classic or not.?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:1960s Alumacraft Alpex Sea Aira question 9 years 4 months ago #110077

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
First off welcome aboard. There's some pretty good info in the FG Library on Alumacraft, here's a link; www.fiberglassics.com/library/Aluma_craft

Is it worth restoring - that's a subjective question really. It will probably cost you more to restore it that you can sell it for if that's what you mean. On the other hand there is nothing like putting a classic boat back on the water and enjoying your efforts. They just don't build them like that anymore, and you won't find hundreds of them just like yours on the local waterways. We're kind of fond of the classics around here, so I would definitely vote YES.

Post up some pics so we can see what you're working on, we love pics around here. Always plenty of folks glad to lend a hand if you have questions.

Mark

Re: 1960s Alumacraft Alpex Sea Aira question 9 years 4 months ago #110081

jfitz1186,

WELCOME ABOARD.

Like "MarkS", I vote: "YES" on restoring your "new to you" classic rig.

yours, satx

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re: 1960s Alumacraft Alpex Sea Aira question 9 years 4 months ago #110091

Another Voter in the Affirmative. If you spend $5,000 to restore her, you're still WAY ahead of the price of a new boat, and She WILL be, in more likelihood, better than a new boat in many ways. And, as stated, the PROUD factor is PRICELESS!!!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.162 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online