Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Hardware value

Hardware value 9 years 4 months ago #109922

How do you determine the value of hardware? What would be the value of a pair of G3 starburst emblems, or similar items? A member here needs them so the nice thing would be to give them away but I paid $300 for the parts boat so I do have some money invested. How do you arrive at values for things. I thought this would be of interest to other members also, thanks.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Hardware value 9 years 4 months ago #109926

ALL OF THIS STUFF IS WORTH WHAT SOMEONE ELSE IS WILLING TO PAY
Not a nickle more...
Set your price and if it's too high you will still own them.

Re: Hardware value 9 years 4 months ago #109930

I'll pay you $25 each + postage, so I would see if he will pay you $75 for the (2) medallions.
If he will pay you the same as I have offered, they are his to have.
doc

email me a PM if you select to peddle them to me.

Re:Hardware value 9 years 4 months ago #109931

Sorry, I didn't intend this to be a bidding type thing. Mostly curious how to value things. Like the parts boat I bought. It had the grab rails, transom trim. cleats, Glasspar logo for the center support, all parts I needed, plus a trailer. Was $300 good or bad, I think it was OK. Mostly curious how you all determine value. Trying to learn from the more experienced folks here, thanks.

Re:Hardware value 9 years 4 months ago #109932

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
I'd say you definitely got a good deal on the parts boat IMHO. As you can see, the hardware is usually in fairly high demand. You can often help fund your own project by selling off what you don't need yourself!

I once sold a pair of Lone Star emblems to a guy out in Cal, for what I thought was a fair price. He was so tickled to get them and thought I was being too generous so he threw in another $25.00! How you gonna beat that!?? :laugh:

Mark

Re:Hardware value 9 years 4 months ago #109944

for the more common parts (cleats, chocks, lights) search through ebay COMPLETED LISTINGS....that will show what people country wide actually paid for the parts less the shipping....john

Re:Hardware value 9 years 4 months ago #109945

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
Mopar has it right. I have sold many things on EBay and also given away things to the good people on this site. For me it's not a profit/loss, ROE, etc. I keep some things knowing I will use them in a future project, others are of no value to me so if someone else is in need they can have them for postage/shipping.
Toss them on the web and see what someone is willing to pay.
Had a box of assorted silverware (deck paraphernalia)that I listed on EBay, was over 35# sold it to a company in Sweden for $75 and they paid all international shipping.

Re:Hardware value 9 years 4 months ago #110026

Minnesota Fox:

You are getting good advice from all the members here.

Let me share a story with you on what I went through with our one-family owned 1960 G-3. When I inherited our G-3 from my Dad, our boat was missing the two (2) "Jervis-Allen" C-Cleats that were monted on both sides of the boats front deck edge. I looked all over E-Bay but was unsuccessful in finding any. Finally another Glasspar Owner (who I will not name here) told me he would sell me those "Jervis-Allen" C-Cleats but NOT by themselves! :( He made me also buy two (2) "Jervis-Allen" Chrome Transom Handles along with one (1) "Jervis-Allen" Tie Cleat which I DID NOT NEED! He told me if I didn't buy all items "as a package deal" he would NOT sell me ANY of it! So,....to get the items I needed I had to buy it all. Heck, I still have the grab handles in a box and will probably ever use them.

So,...as the members said, it is kind of a "whatever the market bears" as to the prices of this hardware which in my honest opinion is getting harder and harder to find.

Like Dr. Frankenmerc I would like to have your G-3 Starburst Emblems if you don't sell them to the first party you mentioned.

Take care Sir.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online