Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Need help with windshield advice!

Need help with windshield advice! 9 years 5 months ago #109212

• skyfuzz
  • skyfuzz's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I have a '69 Correct Craft Wildcat with an original Sun Bonnet aluminum windshield. I am having some difficulty finding anyone to repair it down here in South Florida. Maybe I haven't been trying hard enough but whichever the case may be, it needs to be removed to have it welded in 3 spots and the welder I did find said it needs to be removed from the boat and the 4 glass panes need to come out. He'll then take the frame to his shop and weld the spots and then bring it back to the boat. But, I can't seem to find a glass company to remove the panes. Obviously the refitting process for the glass requires the proper weather stripping seals around the edges of all the panes it originally had. I can't do that myself. Also, the gasket (from the frame to the hull) will have to be replaced too.

If anyone knows of a marine glass repair company down in South FL, please advise! Thanks!

Here are some pix:

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Need help with windshield advice! 9 years 5 months ago #109222

• NJTriton
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
It doesnt have to be a marine specialty company, any glass place should be able to do it without problem. Plus it should save you some money because the word "marine" isn't attached, because as we all know as soon as you say that word, the price doubles.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

-Brian
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.166 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle