Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Glasspar Parts

Glasspar Parts 9 years 5 months ago #109128

Hello, My name is Joe. I am new to this site and somewhat a new owner to a glasspar. I am looking forward to chatting with other classic boat owners and seeing other people's projects.

A little about our baby. It is a 1960 Glasspar Lido. A buddy of mine ended up with the boat from an aunt who bought a lake house. When they bought the house the po said the boat was on the boat hoist in the boat house since the early 70's. My buddy's family member did not want the boat and gave it to him about 8 years ago. The trailer was in the shed in the back yard. I tried to get the boat from him for years and finally talked him out of it 3 years ago. It has the original 1960 Johnson 40hp and the original trailer that came with it when it was new. The original lights, key switches and cable and pulley steering still work. It still has all the original badges and trim. It is in great shape but does need some things.

I am having a hard time finding some parts that I do need. The biggest thing I need is the rubber bumper that goes around it. I am also looking for the steps that go on the sides. If anyone has any suggestions on where I can find parts or any advice on being a classic boat owner please let me know. I am looking forward to talking with every one. Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

BigRay478

Re:Glasspar Parts 9 years 5 months ago #109130

Welcome aboard BigRay, glad to have you here. there are a few Lido owners on here who will probably pipe up but post a few pics of the boat, especially the rubrail (bumper you're referring to) and we can go from there. I know Wefco Rubber is a really good source for rubrail and if they don't have it, and you have a chunk of the old one they'll make it for you. I don't know how much that costs though, sorry. Also if you have a good pick of the step pads we can help there also. Most of the accessories on all these old boats were made by a few companies, of which a lot can be found on Ebay actually.

Bob

Re:Glasspar Parts 9 years 5 months ago #109132

Hello Joe and welcome to FiberGlassics,

Like Bob says Wefco is the source for Glasspar OEM rubber parts and will be able to provide that rubrail.

www.wefcorubber.com/

Be sure to ask for Robin. I don’t believe they will not have the step pad because I need them myself and have asked.

The Lido was popular model and Glasspar made a bunch of them and many have survived. I have a 59 Glasspar Seafair Sedan that came out of Alabama.

The gentleman that was the original owner also had 58 Lido which was all original when I saw it way back in 07.

Sadly Jim passed away a few weeks ago and now I learned last night that the Lido burned up in a garage fire over the weekend and is a total loss.

But she was a beauty.

Jim's classic truck was also destroyed in the fire.

And please post some pictures.
Thanks,
Terry

Re:Glasspar Parts 9 years 5 months ago #109133

Bob. I don't know what went wrong I tried to post pics but I guess they did not go through. I have herd of Wefco Rubber and am going to try them today. I am going to post the pics again and see what happens this time. The pics of the rub rail and step are not good pics but hopefully they will work. I am going to try to take better pics this afternoon. rub rail step

BigRay478

Re:Glasspar Parts 9 years 5 months ago #109134

other pics of our baby.

BigRay478

Re:Glasspar Parts 9 years 5 months ago #109137

Terry. You have a very nice looking boat. I want to some day find me a bigger classic boat. I'm just trying to figure out how to talk the boss lady into letting me keeping the Lido and getting another one. It is a shame about the other boat because it was a super boat. It looked like it was all original.

The seats in mine are far from original. The biggest thing about is my buddy cut the dash and installed a radio. Don't get me wrong I love having the radio and it looks nice mounted there but I would have not cut the dash. It is there now so I'm going to leave it. My buddy reupholstered the rear seat himself and it's not a great job but it works for now. I have taken the 2 bass seats out of the front and for now working on building a bench to go in the front like is in the back. After seen the way the front seat was in the pics you posted and I might try to find the brackets to build mine with the 2 separate backs like that one has. That will have to be a later down the road project.

BigRay478

Re:Glasspar Parts 9 years 5 months ago #109139

Joe:

Welcome aboard Sir.

Re:Glasspar Parts 9 years 5 months ago #109184

Thanks Joe,

Your Lido is pretty clean for sure but like you said those seats don’t fit it right.

These are a couple of all original Lidos owned by friends out on a FGC Chicago River Cruise in 2010.

And would you believe the black one which is a 57 Club Lido with the Evinrude Lark 35 also burned up in a garage fire recently and was another total loss.

The red one is a 59 Sport Lido which was top of the line with a 1960 Johnson Super Seahorse 50 was bought new by the present owner’s father.

Thanks,
Terry

Re:Glasspar Parts 9 years 5 months ago #109189

Man them are some cool boats. I love seeing other boats and other people enjoying them. It realy makes me want to get mine as far back to original as I can. I wish we has more people around here that had old boats and would hold events. There is a lake about 40 miles away that we go to but I hardy ever see and old boats. Its so bad that when I dock it seems like mine is the first old boat people have ever seen. I like the attition my little boat gets but its not that uncommon most places. People would probably go nuts if a wooden Chris Craft showed up.

BigRay478

Glasspar Parts 6 years 2 months ago #137173

Hi Joe I'm Joe and 3 years after your post I'm new to Glasspar I just bought a 59 seafare sedan to restore

Re:Glasspar Parts 6 years 2 months ago #137175

Sorry to hear about Jim and his boat. I have a 59 sedan as well that i'm starting to restore

Re:Glasspar Parts 6 years 2 months ago #137195

does anyone out there know where I can find this molding or does anyone have one I can pay to borrow so I can have it recasted down here in so cal. If so please call me at 951-545-4281
Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.226 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online