• Page:

TOPIC: Loanstar Mystic

Loanstar Mystic 9 years 5 months ago #108700

• 63 Sabre
  • 63 Sabre's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
Here I go again! Couldn't pass up a deal on a '60 something Loanstar Mystic. I checked the library and didn't come up with any hits for the Mystic model. Iboat forum said they were only sold in '63-'65. I would like to get some pictures from someone. Pretty cool looking bow style, squared off with a small center windshield. The topside is severely damaged and in need of major glass work. There was one for sale in Texas last year listed at $3500. Sounds like a rare bird. The number on the boat is just a aluminum tag riveted to the transom 8331093.
Came on an ezloader trailer and a late '50's Johnson super seahorse. freeze plug number 1775387.
I'll post some pictures when I get a chance.
Any help would be appreciated.
Cal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Loanstar Mystic 9 years 5 months ago #108702

Nice grab Cal! I had spotted that on as well, but the wife had no interest in another project around here. I did however find the mystic in the Library under the 1965's here is the link www.fiberglassics.com/library/File:Lonestarb65009.jpg

Re:Loanstar Mystic 9 years 5 months ago #108709

I used to have a Lone Star Mystic when I was living in Vermont. Great little "Funboat !!!", handled very well-even in some chop. A "sportscar" kind of boat. I ran a 35 Johnson on to and later a 45 HP West end - 45 was faster with no "issues". They were built like Whalers with an Outer and Inner hull with foam in between.
I found some more brochure info, also from 1965, but a different brochure.

Re:Loanstar Mystic 9 years 5 months ago #108714

• 63 Sabre
  • 63 Sabre's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
I knew I could depend on you guys for info. The double hull sent me for a loop. Never saw one like this before. Should be an interesting build. Good pictures also. Seeing how the inside was laid out with the storage/cooler is neat.
Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.194 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online