• Page:

TOPIC: Re:MYSTIC SEAPORT.. LOVELY PLACE BUT

Re:MYSTIC SEAPORT.. LOVELY PLACE BUT 9 years 6 months ago #108131

• 65G3
  • 65G3's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
I'm reading everyone's posts I think if the guys with fiberglass boats want to go they should ! We are supporting you guys with the wooden boats !!!! If it was a Fiberglass boat show I think it would be great if the wooden boats showed up also !!! No need to fight over this ! Were all into boats !!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:MYSTIC SEAPORT.. LOVELY PLACE BUT 9 years 6 months ago #108138

What boat show are you talking about? Is it an ACBS show?

Re:MYSTIC SEAPORT.. LOVELY PLACE BUT 9 years 6 months ago #108141

The Woodenboat Show at Mystic is not an ACBS show. It is run by Woodenboat magazine.

Re:MYSTIC SEAPORT.. LOVELY PLACE BUT 9 years 6 months ago #108151

Quote from Original Post:

only flag i wave is of the MantaRay. you need not fret.i represent myself as an ACBS member of 10 years thats participated at their shows with 5 different chapters... lake hopatcong and tuckerton seaport n.j., harveys lake, pa., hammonton, n.y, silver lake, n.y. and mt. dora fla. i've displayed 6'FiberGlassics banners at 4 of those shows. if i wasn't a member of the ACBS it would be irresponsable of me to complain. btw at 2 of those shows i had to arrange to get dialysis treatments. i'll gladly provide the dates and names of the center if you so wish. i've also raised over $1200.00 for FiberGlassics through our annual calendar promotion. i also did a calendar for the ACBS IN 2012, and donated all the proceeds. you would be annoyed also if you were discriminated against.i think your reason for concern should be eased now...SOUTH JERSEY boy. are you the acbs member who exhibits at the Tuckerton Seaport. respectfully, ron vuyosevich

With the original post being locked and the original poster staging a personal attack on me I feel the need to respond.
Studies have illustrated that individuals engaged in debates / disputes who feel they are out of credible information to prevail resort to personal attacks. I see this is the road you have decided to persue in your effort to legitimize your position. Let me assure you that my concerns are real as a fiberglassic enthusiast as well as an ACBS member of 24 years. At no point does my place of residence or your ailments figure into any part of our dialogue and resolution to the issue at hand. If you want to question my integrity I am sure you can ask most people here in the northeast and beyond since my contacts in the marine industry, where I make my living, reach across the US and well into Europe. I am committed to vintage boating and a show I used to run was the first ACBS event in the northeast to feature a "Non - Wood Classic" award. Within the past 12 months we have attended shows from Clayton, NY to Tavares, FL and have Lake Tahoe on the schedule for this year just to experience the fun in antique and classic boating.
I continue to wonder why a number of people here who appear to have a strong dislike for "wood boat people" and see the need to be in the wood boat show. If I do not like some person or group I certainly do not put up a fight to be in their company. It appears to be a stunt to cause conflict and discomfort between the groups. If this in fact the case all I can say is WELL DONE.

Regards,
IBS

PS No need for a calendar I simply press the Paypal tab to support the site since my phone also has a calendar feature with my boats for pictures.

Re:MYSTIC SEAPORT.. LOVELY PLACE BUT 9 years 6 months ago #108156

IBS,
Please be patient. The good ole boys apparently are on both sides ?
I have been a member of the ACBS for a long time. I am member 7000 and something (can't find my directory at the moment) I am not pointing this out to choose sides. my allegience is to classics. This change was inevitable. Classics are classics period. I being an average boater who loves classics and have no problem with all wood or mixed material shows.
Change is never easy. And never will be. Opinions sometimes can get heated, but a few opinion that seem offensive, does not represent the opinions of most.
I have faith in both the glassic world, aluminum world and wood world to at some point will see eye to eye . I am not going to defend any side.
I have learned so much about boat preservation from all sides to allow opinions to stop from saving a classic based on a boat show.

This will be my last post on this subject...

Re:MYSTIC SEAPORT.. LOVELY PLACE BUT 9 years 6 months ago #108158

i think the site owner got it right. and may i add... mr. moser
Attachments:

Re:MYSTIC SEAPORT.. LOVELY PLACE BUT 9 years 6 months ago #108159

island boat,who are you?i have never seen you here before and i dont mean that in a bad way,im just curious about new members.,im just trying to say that ron is one of the nicest,great guys i have ever met.
he is a big supporter of the acbs and fiberglassics,we both think the acbs is making great strides in welcoming us into their organization.

both ron and i,among others have won many awards at acbs shows,and are very thankful for them letting us participate.
his only intent was for us fiberglass enthusiasts to be considered for the the mystic show.
there is no hate for wood boaters from ron,we would just like to be recognized as boaters also,wood or fiberglass it should not matter.

i no longer have any show boats,and that was a big mistake ,i now miss being with the great folks of fiberglassics,i had some great times with the members of this forum,EVERYBODY included,weather or not i met them personaly or just on this forum.john

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.181 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle