Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Fuel tank

Fuel tank 9 years 6 months ago #107939

Scored a "period correct" (I think)tank for the Glastron to go up under the deck. I assume the fitting on the right is a vent, and on the left a sending unit? The supply line is 1/4", thinking I should change it to 1/2" to run the twins? Any input on installation would be appreciated. The vent should be mounted up on the deck? Also need a fill fitting for the deck.
Thanks

Cheers

Bill
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Fuel tank 9 years 6 months ago #107992

Why can't the gas cap be the vent like on most tanks. Or is this tank vented out because the tank is in a concealed area?
Maybe that's another fuel fed? If you can unscrew it and it's piped to the bottom so that it is always in the fuel then you will know for sure
I run my dual 45 Scotts on 5/16 fuel line.

D

Re:Fuel tank 9 years 6 months ago #108017

• Ronny
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
If you can get a boroscope have a look inside the tank to see if both have a tube to pick up fuel . Just a thought .

Re:Fuel tank 9 years 6 months ago #108038

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
Bill, nice score. I usually have to buy a whole boat just to get a tank :laugh:
I had one just like that. Take your fitsall wrench (crecent) and just remove the two fittings. The fuel feed will have the pickup tube attached to it and should have a fine screen imbedded in the tube itself. The other would be the outside vent and usually a larger diameter. The gauge sending unit is probably toast, rusted etc but those are cheap on ebay. You can get a once size fits all and they are adjustable for the size of your tank. The tank I had was so rusted inside it was cycled. I did a string post somewhere on here about removing the inside rust using.....forgot the name but hooking up a battery to a sacrificial anode and the tank itself. Someone help me out here :ohmy:
If you plan on mounting it permanent you'll have to have a large nipple welded to the filler hole so you can run a hose to your deck so you can install one of these.
Attachments:

Re:Fuel tank 9 years 6 months ago #108055

Thanks for the reply's guys. Sorry, I should have included a pic of the fill neck, which I had replaced with the chrome cap because it started snowing. Yes the tank goes under the deck, so I think it needs to be vented above.
Ronny, a scope, brilliant! And one would think, because I have one in my service truck sitting right beside me, I'd have thought of that! Dah! Only problem was the baffles, couldn't get the scope to the other side of the tank. Didn't seem to be anything left of the sending unit, but looks mint inside. That looks like the fitting I need for the deck
Thanks
Cheers

Bill
Attachments:

Re:Fuel tank 9 years 6 months ago #108081

Hey Del, when you say you ran twins Scotts on a 5/16, is that from one tank?

Thanks

Bill

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.178 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online