Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: going to get another fiber friend this saturday!!

going to get another fiber friend this saturday!! 9 years 6 months ago #107807

• Shake
  • Shake's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Went n got the new trailer tires for the trailer I'm getting saturday which happens to be sitting under a tomahawk skimate, today. Getting pretty excited to ad a Tomahawk to the family. Lol it seems like every time I make room in the budget to get to work on restoring one of these old gals I always seem to find another one that I cannot for the life of me pass up. Will post pictures of it this Easter.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Golden Rule number one; While working in the bilge, absolutely under no circumstances, NO FARTING!!!! Captn Shake aka Joe.

Re:going to get another fiber friend this saturday!! 9 years 6 months ago #107941

• Shake
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
oooh look what the easter bunny left me today, that's one heck of an egg.
Attachments:

Golden Rule number one; While working in the bilge, absolutely under no circumstances, NO FARTING!!!! Captn Shake aka Joe.

Re:going to get another fiber friend this saturday!! 9 years 6 months ago #107944

• frog
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
looks good joe,i really like the looks of tomahawk boats. your building must be getting full of fiberglass. just leave room for one more. lol greg

Re:going to get another fiber friend this saturday!! 9 years 6 months ago #107945

• Nautilus
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 58
I can empathize. I now own nine boats. Only the 1988 Sea Ray is ready to go. The 1988 Formula can be finished fairly quickly but the rest are major projects. I need to thin-out the herd.

Mentor to the unenlightened!

"Never allow logic to interfere with a boat purchase." - J. S. Hadley
"Vintage quality beats new junk every time." - J. S. Hadley
"Anything supposed to do two things does both of them half-assed." - J. S. Hadley
"Success makes...

Re:going to get another fiber friend this saturday!! 9 years 6 months ago #107946

• Shake
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
lol yeah it's starting to get full, time to do some rearranging.

Re:going to get another fiber friend this saturday!! 9 years 6 months ago #107947

• Shake
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Nautilus, I feel ya, I think I need the little lady to lock me off craigslist all together. I just have knack for finding these little buggers, I guess I can be considered one of the curators if nothing else.

Re:going to get another fiber friend this saturday!! 9 years 6 months ago #108135

• Shake
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
here's some more pics. went n bought a lark for her yesterday. the solenoid box n wiring and the short shaft is on it's way via Ebay. Also found an upholstery guy too yesterday while antiquing with the lil lady too. lets see if the images are small enough to load upon posting this. bear with me lol.
Attachments:

Re:going to get another fiber friend this saturday!! 9 years 6 months ago #108136

• Shake
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
funny thing is, my lugger dwarfs this little boat yet this little Thawk felt a heck of a lot heavier when towing, than the lugger.

Re:going to get another fiber friend this saturday!! 9 years 6 months ago #108139

Hmmm must be waterlogged under the deck.

Bob

Re:going to get another fiber friend this saturday!! 9 years 6 months ago #108140

• Shake
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
lol, yeah that's what I'm thinking too, had a shell lake rocket that wouldn't plane, took me a while to figure it out that it was waterlogged. I know my car was not happy with me or the boat on that trip lol.

Re:going to get another fiber friend this saturday!! 9 years 6 months ago #108161

nice boat shake,long time no see,you too frog.
the only boat i have left is the 59 cutter jet de ville that shipster bought from me years ago,but hasnt gotten it yet,he said to sell it and the 59 golden jubilee 35 hp for him,i havent been able to get ahold of him for awhile,so you guys come get them,lol.hope all of you guys are doing great,john

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:going to get another fiber friend this saturday!! 9 years 6 months ago #108165

• Shake
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Thanks John, lol, I think I've met my quota for the year on roadtrips already.

Re:going to get another fiber friend this saturday!! 9 years 6 months ago #108178

Shouldn't be waterlogged. They didn't use any foam in the Tomahawk. Maybe a PO added it. Drain holes might be plugged keeping water in otherwise it is a crazy light boat so you would know. That motor will weigh almost as much as the boat.

Re:going to get another fiber friend this saturday!! 9 years 6 months ago #108186

Does he know what he wants for the Golden Jubilee John?

Re:going to get another fiber friend this saturday!! 9 years 6 months ago #108206

• frog
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
joe, you have one more road trip to do yet. lol glad you got the hawk home. frog

Re:going to get another fiber friend this saturday!! 9 years 6 months ago #108213

• Shake
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
lol I do, don't I

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.220 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online