• Page:

TOPIC: 2015 Day on the Delta

2015 Day on the Delta 9 years 6 months ago #107730

• Eduardo
  • Eduardo's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
This has also been posted on Gold State Glassics (GSG) Forum and the GSG on Facebook a month ago. I know there are some California lurkers here, so if you are in and around the Central California area, you are welcome to come and join us, no boat no problem. Just stop by, say hello and meet some of us.

Hello everyone, this year we are planning a fun entire day with y’all. Mercedes and I, along with the GSG Delta and Sacramento folks, would like to organize another Day on the Delta, Family Picnic and Boating. This will be on Saturday April 11th and will be held at Hogback Island Park and Recreation Facility in Walnut Grove, CA. Again this will be an entire day mixed with different activities throughout the day. It’s basically a day of fun with family, friends, good food, games, and boating.

For those who are not familiar, here is a brief description of the last Day on the Delta from 2013 and will be the same for 2015:

Day on the Delta is more of an entire day activity where people can come when they like and hang out till the early evening or as late as they like. We’ll just plan it like a family style picnic, potluck, and very informal. This will be at Hogback Island Recreation Facility. This Delta facility is for people who enjoy fishing, recreational boating, rowing, picnics and barbecues. We’ll arrive early and find a nice spot in this small park. Once everyone gets settled, we’ll have lunch. Afterwards, we’ll plan a fast 31 mile cruise around Grand Island. We’ll stop at the small Delta town of Walnut Grove, mile 14, for some ice cream for the kids, and continue on for another 17 miles and return to the park. This 31 mile cruise and ice cream run will take around 3 hours give and take, then we'll be back at the picnic for rest, socialize, and play. My wife Mercedes and maybe another person will stay behind to watch over our stuff in the park. Maybe for those anglers out there, arrive early, launch the boat and fish for a couple of hours. The best part of this is that it’s whatever you want to do and come and go as you please.

Eduardo & Mercedes
Golden State Glassics

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

In Memory of Mr. Chuck Carey 9 years 6 months ago #107732

• Eduardo
  • Eduardo's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
Here's the reason why I wanted to do this again this year. Like in 2013, we will dedicate this 2015 Day on the Delta, in honor of our glassic friend from the Northwest, Chuck Carey. Chuck passed almost 3 months ago. Some of you may know of Chuck. For those who don't know of him, the Northwest and California were both part of Fiberglassics. Northwest Classic Boat Club and its members were a big contributer to the Fiberglassics beforehand. Chuck was/is more like the ambassador of the Northwest and posted here many many times. When both California and Northwest branched out of FG, Chuck would post many times in GSG still. Even post surgery, he was posting on the NWCBC just days beforehand. Memorial services were just over a month ago. I’ve known of Chuck through this glassic community since 2005, met him personally for the first time at one of the largest gatherings in California, Whiskey Run athering, Whiskeytown Lake in Redding, CA in 2006, visited him at his home in Washington in 2008. Since, we’ve always kept in contact by phone and especially emails. He wasn’t only my boating friend, but friends of many here among our GSG community. Chuck always was a participant, sharing his stories, thoughts, and his beautiful boats. So with that, we’d like to honor Chuck on this day.

Eduardo & Mercedes

Chuck Carey in his '60 Glasspar G3, one of many many that he has owned and restored in his lifetime.
Attachments:

Re:2015 Day on the Delta 9 years 6 months ago #107736

chuck was in the 2009 FG calendar..September. he had a beautiful skagit hardtop. nice man. talked with him a few times that year. ron

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.166 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online