Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: custom craft Delaware river ?????

custom craft Delaware river ????? 9 years 6 months ago #107312

Howdy all, its been about 10-15 years since i posted on the site, back then i was having a converse with a gent that lived on the PA side of the Delaware river right by Phillipsburg NJ he had a red/white custom craft he was selling, i just moved back to nj after 10 years in ga, and I'm looking for a custom craft project, is their any chance anyone would know who this guy is, also is their anyone who knows james whaley or how to contact him, he used to be a member and he had the location of a few cc's in upstate NY, thanks for any info

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: custom craft Delaware river ????? 9 years 6 months ago #107316

scottyv,

WELCOME ABOARD.

yours, satx

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re: custom craft Delaware river ????? 9 years 6 months ago #107321

• billr
  • Thank you received: 0
I'll shoot Whaley an email and tell him you're looking to contact him, we talk about once a year.

Re:custom craft Delaware river ????? 9 years 6 months ago #107322

scott, i sent you an email last night. don't think jim has any but dave albertson (cc1000) might know of a few, and a member in the philadelphia acbs has one for sale 1960 sea ray. ron

Re:custom craft Delaware river ????? 9 years 6 months ago #107349

This is Whaley reporting in. I'm now in lower Delaware. I still have too many boats but no Custom Crafts. the ones I knew of in VT and NY are no longer where they were. I do have some FGlassics and alumiclassics available, still up in Alburg VT - Redfish, 2 Thunderbirds, Dorsett, Feather Crafts, Duratech and Lone Star.
Here in DE i have a FG Ted Herrmann Whaleboat (sailboat) and a cute little Duratech sailing dingy available.
Attachments:

Re:custom craft Delaware river ????? 9 years 6 months ago #107444

growing up i had a 61 with a 40 horse evinrude lark, i had loads of fun in that boat, ufortunatly like all custom crafts the transom was all rotted out inside the glass, i sure wish i would have kept it, then when i was about 16 i came accross a mint devil ray right across the lake from me (lake Hopatcong) and i almost bought it, but i was already driving, and spent all my free time in my car, then about 15 ? years ago i saw a pic of one on this site, that james whaley had found on lincoln pond road in upstate ny, and i wanted so bad to go check it out, and while talking with him another guy saw our conver and said he had 2 one was a factory display model that was never even rigged with steering or motor, which he wanted a fortune for, and the red one that i was asking about, said he lived right by phillipsburg, on the pa side, it was alot closer than upstate ny, but one thing led to another and i never got either of them, but now i'm back and i will have a custom craft !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re:custom craft Delaware river ????? 9 years 6 months ago #107445

the only pic i have of my old one (covered in snow) circa 1977
Attachments:

Re:custom craft Delaware river ????? 9 years 6 months ago #107448

there's a Devil Ray listed on Delaware and Eastern CT Craigs. It's listed as a Antique outboard boat Custom Craft. Shows a NJ location.
Attachments:

Re:custom craft Delaware river ????? 9 years 6 months ago #107450

newlondon.craigslist.org/boa/4884593286.html last year for the devilray i think.

Re:custom craft Delaware river ????? 9 years 6 months ago #107452

scottyv wrote:

growing up i had a 61 with a 40 horse evinrude lark, i had loads of fun in that boat, ufortunatly like all custom crafts the transom was all rotted out inside the glass, i sure wish i would have kept it, then when i was about 16 i came accross a mint devil ray right across the lake from me (lake Hopatcong) and i almost bought it, but i was already driving, and spent all my free time in my car, then about 15 ? years ago i saw a pic of one on this site, that james whaley had found on lincoln pond road in upstate ny, and i wanted so bad to go check it out, and while talking with him another guy saw our conver and said he had 2 one was a factory display model that was never even rigged with steering or motor, which he wanted a fortune for, and the red one that i was asking about, said he lived right by phillipsburg, on the pa side, it was alot closer than upstate ny, but one thing led to another and i never got either of them, but now i'm back and i will have a custom craft !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

: this was my 62 devilray..luved that boat more than the mantaray.: :
Attachments:

Re:custom craft Delaware river ????? 9 years 6 months ago #107456

scottyv,

WELCOME ABOARD, AGAIN!

yours, satx

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re:custom craft Delaware river ????? 9 years 6 months ago #107457

a member on this site from pennsy just sold his devilray last year.
Attachments:

Re:custom craft Delaware river ????? 9 years 6 months ago #107687

scottyv wrote:

Howdy all, its been about 10-15 years since i posted on the site, back then i was having a converse with a gent that lived on the PA side of the Delaware river right by Phillipsburg NJ he had a red/white custom craft he was selling, i just moved back to nj after 10 years in ga, and I'm looking for a custom craft project, is their any chance anyone would know who this guy is, also is their anyone who knows james whaley or how to contact him, he used to be a member and he had the location of a few cc's in upstate NY, thanks for any info

Drop me a line, let me know exactly what you are looking for, always have a lead on a couple Custom Crafts!! :)

Dave in sunny Buffalo

Classic Fiberglass Boat Owners Association:
www.classicfiberglasboats.com/

Re:custom craft Delaware river ????? 9 years 6 months ago #107739

Welcome aboard. Dave ALbertson is definitely Mr. Custom Craft around here. The red and white one that is/was on CL looks like a decent project. No interior but the rest looks good. There was on in Groton, CT that was on CL a while back. I went to look at it and it is a serious deck off project. Good luck finding one. It would be nice to have a few more out there. (FWIW, here's my 64 Aqua Ray)
Attachments:

Todd (aka thetudor)
1964 Custom Craft Aqua Ray
1959 Glastron Seaflite
1959 Tomahawk Spirit

Re:custom craft Delaware river ????? 9 years 6 months ago #107743

yep... dave lives close to where customcrafts were made and his website nicklecityclassics.com, has a wealth of info. ron

Re:custom craft Delaware river ????? 9 years 6 months ago #108056

Scottyv, there is a 62 Stingray in Mystic, CT for sale on craigslist. Couldn't post the link from my iPad, but it is relatively new. It is about 5 miles from my house and i would take a look at it if you want.

Todd (aka thetudor)
1964 Custom Craft Aqua Ray
1959 Glastron Seaflite
1959 Tomahawk Spirit
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.227 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT