TOPIC: Johnson Control Trouble out in Sequim Washington

Johnson Control Trouble out in Sequim Washington 9 years 7 months ago #105926

• HellCat
  • HellCat's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello fellow glassers,
its been a LONG time since I have posted. That's a good thing. because it means the boat has been running good. Emphasis on the HAS. I have been getting the boat all ready and sound for the Gardiner Salmon Derby this fri, sat, sun. I have been looking forward to this for several months now, it should be a blast. the weather is supposed to be nice and sunny and mild. I cant think of a better way to spend my time off :). But I digress, when I was getting the HellCat all ready to go I broke the control box, see the pic. Now Im not sure what hulkian strength came upon me to break this piece but it happened. the cable seemed a little tight so I kinda rocked the arm back and forth pretty fast a couple times to see if it would free it up and she just broke on me.

Such is my dilemma. I am of the understanding that the control box I had isn't the appropriate box for my old motor anyway (35 HP RD-19; See Pic) but it was working, it didnt seem to have quite enough throw though. I could only get a good positive engagement in either forward OR reverse, but not both. Anyway; this thing being broke isn't going to keep me off the water. I will hop back and shift it in and out of gear by hand if I have to, I'll be trolling most of the time anyway.

But I was wondering if there was anyone in the Bremerton to Port Angeles area that had one they were willing to let go of for a reasonable price. I have called a couple of the shops around looking for an old used one but I havent had any luck. Some of them have a $200 box that they think will work but I would rather not go down that route on account of the wife ya know... I am currently living in Sequim and I work on Bainbridge Island so I could easily meet up anywhere in between.

If you have one or know someone who has one I would be most appreciative if you would get me in touch with them.

Thanks and Have a great week!!!

Andre
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Johnson Control Trouble out in Sequim Washington 9 years 7 months ago #105928

I have a box or more that is the same type as the year your motor is, and I have a few of the newer boxes

Not painted and on cables ends I will let one go for $75. I will take some photos and post them

New knobs can be bought here
www.mcmaster.com/#ball-knobs/=vygv11

CAVU

Re:Johnson Control Trouble out in Sequim Washington 9 years 7 months ago #105929

I have a really nice old 1 but not sure it it is the same as your but you can have it for free.here a pic I just went outside to take it fir you.
Attachments:

Re:Johnson Control Trouble out in Sequim Washington 9 years 7 months ago #105931

• HellCat
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Commando,
It looks like you and the Tall Texan are offering the same box. The price is right on yours so I am going to have to start there.

Where are you located and when can I pick them up. I'd like to get them in so I can get on the water before the derby.

Re:Johnson Control Trouble out in Sequim Washington 9 years 7 months ago #105932

• HellCat
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Thanks for the quick response,

If the Free 99 version from Commando doesnt work for some reason then I will definitely be getting in touch with you.

where are you located?

Re:Johnson Control Trouble out in Sequim Washington 9 years 7 months ago #105933

Send me your address to my email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. I send it to you for a gift and I pay for the shipping.Im in Vancouver B.C Canada.

Re:Johnson Control Trouble out in Sequim Washington 9 years 7 months ago #105934

• HellCat
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Email is away!

Any chance you are coming down for the Derby Commando?

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.217 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online