• Page:

TOPIC: 64 custom craft sunray

64 custom craft sunray 9 years 7 months ago #105804

• john-gibson
  • john-gibson's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
we sold our 64 custom craft sunray about 2 years ago to a fellow in California,has anyone seen or heard about it?it just dropped off the face of the earth. it is named"way back when"as far as i know its the only 1964 left.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:64 custom craft sunray 9 years 7 months ago #105814

• Nautilus
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 58
John: I have sold several collectible things over the years and they have also completely disappeared: a 1927 Paige-Detroit dirt track racer, a 1927 Diana sedan, a 1957 Thunderbird and a 1940 Elco 57' motor yacht. There's not a mention of any of them anywhere on the internet. Obviously, aliens are to blame...as usual. Line your hat with aluminum foil. Don't let them melt your brain.

Mentor to the unenlightened!

"Never allow logic to interfere with a boat purchase." - J. S. Hadley
"Vintage quality beats new junk every time." - J. S. Hadley
"Anything supposed to do two things does both of them half-assed." - J. S. Hadley
"Success makes...

Re:64 custom craft sunray 9 years 7 months ago #105815

I hope your kidding.

Hope all is well w your health John. JC

Re:64 custom craft sunray 9 years 7 months ago #105817

John,

what is the person's name that bought the boat? Our California Golden State Glassics is a pretty active group - but we are just a drop in the bucket of the number of vintage boat owners in California. I've sold a number of boats out here and rarely will I or anyone I know see them again. Sometimes they resurface for sale years later. But there probably hundreds of vintage boat owners that never post on this website, or the California website. Some folks just keep to themselves.

Re:64 custom craft sunray 9 years 7 months ago #105990

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
i cant remember his name but he bought off of the classifieds here on fg,his 1st name was john i think,he was going to pull it behind his classic mercury

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:64 custom craft sunray 9 years 7 months ago #106031

John, I brokered a deal for a 57 Winner Corsair (from the original owner's son) about 3 years ago. The guy that took it was going to keep in touch on how the restoration was going. Never heard a word. That happens in this sport. FWIW, I was tempted to take it, but the 59 Glastron came available at the same time.

Hope you are feeling well.

Todd

Todd (aka thetudor)
1964 Custom Craft Aqua Ray
1959 Glastron Seaflite
1959 Tomahawk Spirit

Re:64 custom craft sunray 9 years 7 months ago #106035

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
yeah todd,at least i saw how the 59 flying fish turned out,it looked great now im kicking myself,i think the name of the guy that bought the sunray was john jung??john

---Mark Twain
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle